Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Videos - Create Custom NFO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to add my music video collection to Kodi. I created a custom NFO files and ran a library update.
The music video gets added, but the same music video is created 3 times? I checked the table in MySql and it's created an entry for the music video 3 times as I would expect to see, but why?
Looking at the musicvideo table in MySql - As expected there are 3 entries for the same music video. What differs between them is column c13. The 3 entries are:

smb://username:password@Server ip address/video/Music Videos/2016 New Years Eve/Five Finger Death Punch - Wash It All Away.mp4

smb://server ip adddress/video/Music Videos/2016 New Years Eve/Five Finger Death Punch - Wash It All Away.mp4

smb://servername/video/Music Videos/2016 New Years Eve/Five Finger Death Punch - Wash It All Away.mp4

Why or how do I prevent it from creating 3 entries for 1 music video?
Since you didn't get any answer to your question I thought I'd give it a go.
Can you check your sources? It might be that you have set up several (three) sources pointing to the same location but with different paths. That way, Kodi will scan all of them and find the same files at all three locations so will add the video three times.
PH-SYM

Yes- looks like you are correct. I went through all the xml's files for everything. I have linux and windows computers, using nfs and smb... I consolidated all to smb with the connection line (smb://servername/video/).

Bottom line, once done I added my manual created NFO file and ran a library update... now only getting one
smb://servername/video/Music Videos/2016 New Years Eve/Five Finger Death Punch - Wash It All Away.mp4

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.