Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Viaplay add-on thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2017-02-25, 00:29)billyidle Wrote: [ -> ]And some more information on the case: Did a clean install, and the add on installed and ran just fine. Restored the backup of the old system, and it is no longer able to install. Any idea about how to debug this?

Huh, that's indeed weird. Are you able to install the addon manually (by downloading the zip file from GitHub)?
Viaplay seem to have changed something with how EPL matches are accessed now and I can't get any EPL matches to play in the Kodi app I get "missingvideoerror", they play fine in the browser and other football leagues/sports play fine in the Kodi app, I had a shared Norwegian account with a friend in Norway which worked fine with my Swedish IP previously to show EPL games but now I saw a popup saying something along the lines that people registered with accounts in Norway cannot access EPL matches whilst travelling to other countries, so I signed up a Swedish account myself and it's still not playing EPL matches in Kodi. Not sure what additional information I can provide to help?

Edit: uploaded my log here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvLS_8rDeSiyhBeJpvChvQeshYz6
(2017-02-25, 22:29)Grimbarian Wrote: [ -> ]Viaplay seem to have changed something with how EPL matches are accessed now and I can't get any EPL matches to play in the Kodi app I get "missingvideoerror", they play fine in the browser and other football leagues/sports play fine in the Kodi app, I had a shared Norwegian account with a friend in Norway which worked fine with my Swedish IP previously to show EPL games but now I saw a popup saying something along the lines that people registered with accounts in Norway cannot access EPL matches whilst travelling to other countries, so I signed up a Swedish account myself and it's still not playing EPL matches in Kodi. Not sure what additional information I can provide to help?

I'm unable to reproduce. If you're switching accounts, then please make sure to delete the 'cookie_file' located in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.viaplay to force a re-login.
(2017-02-25, 22:42)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 22:29)Grimbarian Wrote: [ -> ]Viaplay seem to have changed something with how EPL matches are accessed now and I can't get any EPL matches to play in the Kodi app I get "missingvideoerror", they play fine in the browser and other football leagues/sports play fine in the Kodi app, I had a shared Norwegian account with a friend in Norway which worked fine with my Swedish IP previously to show EPL games but now I saw a popup saying something along the lines that people registered with accounts in Norway cannot access EPL matches whilst travelling to other countries, so I signed up a Swedish account myself and it's still not playing EPL matches in Kodi. Not sure what additional information I can provide to help?

I'm unable to reproduce. If you're switching accounts, then please make sure to delete the 'cookie_file' located in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.viaplay to force a re-login.

You're a genius and I'm an idiot! Didn't cross my mind to delete that file, seems to be fixed now. BTW can I donate something if you have something in place? Your addon is a lifesaver for me, the streaming quality via their own app is horrific compared to your Kodi addon.
(2017-02-25, 22:44)Grimbarian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 22:42)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]

You're a genius and I'm an idiot! Didn't cross my mind to delete that file, seems to be fixed now. BTW can I donate something if you have something in place? Your addon is a lifesaver for me, the streaming quality via their own app is horrific compared to your Kodi addon.

I have a PayPal account at [email protected] if you wish to send some beer money my way. Thanks a lot and I'm glad you're enjoying the addon. Blush
(2017-02-25, 16:25)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 00:29)billyidle Wrote: [ -> ]And some more information on the case: Did a clean install, and the add on installed and ran just fine. Restored the backup of the old system, and it is no longer able to install. Any idea about how to debug this?

Huh, that's indeed weird. Are you able to install the addon manually (by downloading the zip file from GitHub)?

Manual install works. Got the zip from the same source as all the dependencies. This, of course, fixes my problem, but now you are aware about it in case anyone else encounters this. Just as a sidenote: I tried, for completeness, to install all the dependencies manually, and then tried to install your plugin through the interface, but same result.

If you need any help debugging, I might help. I still got backup of the system before installing the plugin manually, and can easily switch over. Having a degree in computer science (programming) might be helpful? Wink
(2017-02-25, 23:13)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 22:44)Grimbarian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 22:42)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unable to reproduce. If you're switching accounts, then please make sure to delete the 'cookie_file' located in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.viaplay to force a re-login.

I have a PayPal account at [email protected] if you wish to send some beer money my way. Thanks a lot and I'm glad you're enjoying the addon. Blush

Thanks Emil, beer money sent! Smile
Really strange problem but today when I started the plugin there is no sound? It worked yesterday and I haven't done any updates (Debian Testing, Kodi 17) and using latest version in repository for the plugin. All other plugins have sound like youtube and all other media. Only this one.

Anyone else?
Kodi 17 keeps on crashing when using the add-on. It has worked fine earlier with nightly builds.
When installing from the official repository, the add-on doesn't display Viaplay logo, just a white folder image. Then clicking on that folder either dumps a crash log or completely crashes Kodi.
Installing manually from Github zip file fixes the logo but crashing continues.
Here's the crash log:

http://pastebin.com/9t04HGHa
(2017-03-02, 22:18)dencrypt Wrote: [ -> ]Really strange problem but today when I started the plugin there is no sound? It worked yesterday and I haven't done any updates (Debian Testing, Kodi 17) and using latest version in repository for the plugin. All other plugins have sound like youtube and all other media. Only this one.

Anyone else?

You're right, this is affecting newer content because Viaplay have switched over to HLS v4. I've fixed this on git and will push a new version to the Kodi repos soon.

Unfortunately, this means that it will no longer be possible to select video quality in the add-on settings as the manifest parsing is done by Kodi now.

(2017-03-04, 16:22)UserFI Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the crash log:

Are you building Kodi yourself? Looks like you've got yourself an SSL issue there.
(2017-03-04, 17:35)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-02, 22:18)dencrypt Wrote: [ -> ]Really strange problem but today when I started the plugin there is no sound? It worked yesterday and I haven't done any updates (Debian Testing, Kodi 17) and using latest version in repository for the plugin. All other plugins have sound like youtube and all other media. Only this one.

Anyone else?

You're right, this is affecting newer content because Viaplay have switched over to HLS v4. I've fixed this on git and will push a new version to the Kodi repos soon.

Unfortunately, this means that it will no longer be possible to select video quality in the add-on settings as the manifest parsing is done by Kodi now.

(2017-03-04, 16:22)UserFI Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the crash log:

Are you building Kodi yourself? Looks like you've got yourself an SSL issue there.

No, it's the official PPA build.
(2017-02-16, 16:31)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-16, 03:47)christian.jensen Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys Smile

Is it possible to use "add to library" somehow ?

I mean can i add the content to the normal video database in kodi ?

"Trying to merge all streams" Smile

Hi! No, this feature has not (yet at least) been implemented. Wink

(2017-02-16, 16:01)jvip Wrote: [ -> ]Viaplay stopped working for me today. I'm using SPMC (version 16.5-5) on a Nvidia Shield Android TV.
Any idea why it says Viaplay is incompatible..."?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Kodi Krypton is now a requirement for this add-on.
Shit ... why is that so ? i still find jarvis running more smooth than krypton - not possible to bring it back to jarvis +
(2017-03-08, 22:41)jakepe88 Wrote: [ -> ]Shit ... why is that so ? i still find jarvis running more smooth than krypton - not possible to bring it back to jarvis +

I've personally upgraded to Krypton on all my devices and don't have the motivation to maintain/backport code to older versions.

Besides, the pre-Krypton versions suffers from the no sound-bug which renders the add-on unusable for a lot of content.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23