Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fresh install / removing add ons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had version 15 of Kodi installed and wanted to update it to a clean install of the last version. I dragged and dropped kodi.app to trash, downloaded the latest v16.1 Jarvis and installed it. However, all the add ons I had installed to the previous version we're in the v16.1 as well. I don't use the most of them so I'd like to delete the ones I don't use. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
You have to delete this directory /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi

Little tip from the wiki :
By default, Mac OS X 10.7 hides the user's Library folder, which is where Kodi's userdata folder and logs are stored. There are a few ways to get around this:

While in the Finder, click on the "Go" menu and hold down ⌥ Option, then select Library.
You can use programs such as TinkerTool to change the visibility of all or some hidden files/folders.
To permanently reveal the ~/Library folder, open up Terminal and run this command:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Note: Anytime there is an OS X update (e.g. from version 10.7.3 to 10.7.4) you will have to run this command again as the folder will be hidden again.