Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AKA Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

For more visibility, I'm making a new thread for this.

Would it be possible to add one or more title fields ?

ATM, TMM has an "original title" field, a "title" field (depends on the language chosen during scrapping) and a "sort title" (I've never used it, I figured it's for movie sets). Now, I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a native English speaker, and managing titles can be a headache. I sometime most commonly refer to a certain movie, regardless of its country of origin, either with its original name, with its English name or with its French name. I try to fill the "title" field with the most common denomination for my use. Also, I live in China, I speak mostly mandarin Chinese with my wife and friends here, and I'd like to be able to add the Chinese title to my TMM database (my wife often only know the Chinese title for certain movies).

I figured it would be nice to have some extra title fields:

- title (already exists: most used title, personal choice)
- original title (already exists)
- aka title 1 (for extra language 1 -- for example, English)
- aka title 2 (for extra language 2 -- for example, I'd use it for French)
- aka title 3 (for extra language 3 -- for example, I'd use it for Chinese)

3 extra title fields might seem a bit heavy for most users... I don't know... But many movie also have more than one title (working title, original release title, etc.).
What do you guys think ? I'm pretty certain most users would use another field or two.