Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVHeaded: libav enabled in trusty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
my server runs a docker trusty image with TVheadend inside, using
Code:
deb http://apt.tvheadend.org/stable trusty main
as package source.

Now i'd like to transcode all MPEG-2 streams to H.264, because Kodi's video player freezes on a Raspberry Pi 2, when I switch between MPEG2 and H.264 channels.

My problem is the absence of any transcoding option in the streaming section of TVheadend.
The wiki says I need to install libav:
Quote:MPEG-TS /av-lib : MPEG-TS stream muxer (libav) to output in MPEG-TS format (only available with libav/ffmpeg).
Matroska /av-lib : Matroska/WebM muxer (libav) to output in Matroska format (only available with libav/ffmpeg).
Transcode /av-lib : Transcode video/audio/subtitles with various encoders and output in various formats (only available with libav/ffmpeg).
I did that, but there is still no transcoding option.
Code:
apt-get install libxvidcore4 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-alsa gstreamer1.0-fluendo-mp3 gstreamer1.0-libav

I looked into the dockerfile which was used to build the package and it looks like the ffmpeg/libav support was enabled.

What do I have to do in order to get transcoding options?