Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nas Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a NAS for my Nvidia Shield. I use SPMC for KODI in my main home theater. I also have shields and Roku in other rooms for streaming plex.

requirements
1. 4 bay
2. I want to be able to Bitstream DTS HD and TrueHD, only for HT room to my reciecer
3. Very Quiet
4. Easy configuration
5. Reasonable price
6. Diskless, I have my own discs and back ups of everything on stored discs.

Does this NAS exist?
I did a little research and found people having problems bitstreaming HD audio(DTS HD MA and TrueHD) with this NAS
(2016-08-16, 23:02)moehop Wrote: [ -> ]I did a little research and found people having problems bitstreaming HD audio(DTS-HD MA and TrueHD) with this NAS

Synology DiskStation
I have the same model but with 8bay and i have never had a problem.
I have the 12 bay Synology DS2413+ and i don't think I'll ever buy from anyone else again, it's awesome! Smile

i've built two freeNAS boxes previously and had a Thecus 7 bay N7700 too, and the Synology is my favourite by far.

I'm actually thinking of getting a newer, smaller one (one of the play models for better on-the-fly transcoding/streaming) using less power so I don't have all thos edisks spinning at once all the time, and using the big one for backups & archiving.