Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Emby for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
tl dr - is there an easy way to get kodi to connect to my emby server from outside my network using the emby connect service? I know the emby app can do it, but I prefer kodi to be honest...

I've got Kodi running on my fire tv stick, and I've got a fully working emby server (with all my DVD's backed up, plus all my legally owned digital content Cool ). In a few weeks I'm going away on holiday, and want to be able to acess my media in the evenings without having to take the whole server with me (it fits in an old ammo tin so its not that big)

I'm already registered with emby connect, and have all the appropriate port forwarding set up, I've even managed it on my phone which has the emby app. I just cant work out how to get the Emby for Kodi plugin to connect to it...

I know the plugin has a secondary IP option, but since my public IP changes every few days, I dont really want to use that, I want to use emby connect which would let me connect to it through their 'dns' (its not a true dns, but its the best description i've got). I guess my other option would be to use my home website's dns to access the emby web interface. But I'd rather use kody on my fire stick

I hope I'm making sense, and that I've posted this in the right place

thanks

dan
At this time, only the manual option to add the second IP works. I'm currently in the process of adding emby connect, but there's still a little while before it will be ready for testing.

Sent from my iPhone
Ok thanks Smile

I didn't expect such a quick reply (its midnight here) and particularly not from the developer Big Grin

Well, I guess I'll just have to make do for now. Thanks for the feedback. Once you've got it to a point where its ready to test, if you want a lab rat to test on, I'm more than happy to offer my services.
I just happened to check the Kodi forums - you'll have faster support posting on the emby forums - in the Kodi section. An announcement will be made when it's available to test. Smile

Emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Sent from my iPhone