Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Recording State indicator in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using Kodi on a Windows 10 based system, with Media Portal (v 1.12.0) as the back end. I just upgraded Kodi from 14.1 to 16.1. If the backend was recording a show there would be an indicator on the main menu when "TV" was selected or in "Live TV" PVR menu there would be a recording indicator. After the upgrade to 16.1 I'm not seeing these indicators anymore. Were they removed, or is there a way to enable/disable them that I have missed?

Thanks
I'm not sure if this would need to be a plugin fix, or a skin fix.
Here is some more information. There seems to be a problem when adding timers.

I updated MediaPortal to the latest version, 1.15.0, to try and fix the problem. However, that wasn't the solution.

It looks like the settings for creating Timers within Kodi have changed since 14.1. There are several problems that have occurred since I updated to Kodi 16.1. Repeating timers don't seem to flag entries in the Program Guide as "Scheduled", so the EPG UI doesn't show a check by these entries, and other UI indicators don't show up.

For example: Using the Kodi UI, If I add a timer to record every showing of "Stargate SG-1" on a particular channel, it doesn't update the EPG that these shows will record, so its not obvious that the timer was created. I created a repeating time for a show in progress, and the recording started, so it seems to do the actual recording.

When I created a Non-Repeating time for a single episode, the EPG was updated with a check mark, and the "Next Scheduled Recording" indicator on the Kodi UI showed up as expected.

A Bigger problem is when adding a Timer to record a show regardless of channel. This seems to foul up the whole scheduling database. For example, I wanted to make a timer to record "Star Trek" no matter what channel it was on. After that, I was unable to access the "Schedules" section of Media Portal TV Server Configuration tool.

I found this post that had a similar problem,

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...nk.121987/

and using that as a basis I erased and reloaded my SQL database and that solved the problem.

I don't know enough to troubleshoot further though.
The PVR addon does not show the indicators. It is done by Kodi itself internally. I can confirm that the addon itself does refresh the recording list and marks the timer as being recorded. Not sure why they are not shown...
I did a lot of fixes regarding display of timer state icons for Kodi Krypton. 16.1 has some bugs in that area. So, if you have the chance to try out Kodi Krypton beta and report back, that would be appreciated.
The problem with series timers matching any channel must be fixed in the pvr client add-on. This works just fine with the tvheadend pvr client add-on.
Ksooo, can Krypton Beta be installed alongside 16.1? or does this require over writing my existing install?

Margro, First off, big thanks for this addon and your work, BTW.

I am still seeing some other odd behavior in the Kodi Mediaportal PVR addon since I upgraded to 16.1 . The menu for Adding a Timer is different. I think this is an improvement, but within the MediaPortal PVR addon settings there is a option to "Enable old series recording diaglog". I tried changing this to see if it would affect my problem, but this doesn't seem to change anything. I guess I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

Also, in the past, in the EPG, channels that didn't have guide data simply weren't listed and now they are. Also, scrolling to the end of the channel list stopped scrolling, now it jumps back to the first channel. I seem to recall that these were setting that cold be changed somewhere, but I can't find it. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

The Biggest issue, is that reruns are being recorded. For example, if an episode is aired at 6PM on Saturday and is re-aired at 11PM on Saturday, it is being recorded each time. In the Recording area in PVR settings, I have "Record only new Episodes" selected. If I continue to use "Stargate SG-1" as an example, all episodes are re-runs, I only want episodes that aren't already in my Recorded TV Library to be recorded. I think this was working before the change to 16.1, but I seem to be getting duplicates now. I only have a few days of recordings, so I'll keep watching, maybe it was a fluke.
You should not use one thread to throw in multiple completely different problems. Too much hassle to sort it all out. ;-)
There is no setting to suppress display of channels without epg data.
I'm not aware that it is possible to install different Kodi versions side by side on the same machine. But I may be wrong on this. I'm sure if you Google this, you will get an answer very quickly.
(2016-08-23, 22:52)deamon_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Ksooo, can Krypton Beta be installed alongside 16.1? or does this require over writing my existing install?
On Windows you can install as many Kodi versions you want in portable mode: http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode

(2016-08-23, 22:52)deamon_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I am still seeing some other odd behavior in the Kodi Mediaportal PVR addon since I upgraded to 16.1 . The menu for Adding a Timer is different. I think this is an improvement, but within the MediaPortal PVR addon settings there is a option to "Enable old series recording diaglog". I tried changing this to see if it would affect my problem, but this doesn't seem to change anything. I guess I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.
The Kodi skin has to support those old recording dialogs. Not many do it.

(2016-08-23, 22:52)deamon_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Also, in the past, in the EPG, channels that didn't have guide data simply weren't listed and now they are. Also, scrolling to the end of the channel list stopped scrolling, now it jumps back to the first channel. I seem to recall that these were setting that cold be changed somewhere, but I can't find it. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.
Maybe Kodi Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Hide "No information available" labels

(2016-08-23, 22:52)deamon_knight Wrote: [ -> ]The Biggest issue, is that reruns are being recorded. For example, if an episode is aired at 6PM on Saturday and is re-aired at 11PM on Saturday, it is being recorded each time. In the Recording area in PVR settings, I have "Record only new Episodes" selected. If I continue to use "Stargate SG-1" as an example, all episodes are re-runs, I only want episodes that aren't already in my Recorded TV Library to be recorded. I think this was working before the change to 16.1, but I seem to be getting duplicates now. I only have a few days of recordings, so I'll keep watching, maybe it was a fluke.
I don't think the Kodi setting has any impact with the MediaPortal addon.
It just depends on your guide data and TVServer settings: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA..._Recording
Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recording of repeated broadcasts by episode title or episode number
(2016-08-24, 07:42)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]You should not use one thread to throw in multiple completely different problems. Too much hassle to sort it all out. ;-)

I appreciate your point ksooo, but these are all behaviors that resulted, or appeared to result, from an upgrade. Also, they are all related (from a user perspective) to the same thing, the PVR Addon for Mediaportal. I thought they may be related, or all together be a better indication of what was going wrong.

pünktchen Wrote:Maybe Kodi Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Hide "No information available" labels

Thanks, I already checked that. It does remove the "No Information Available" label in the EPG, the empty line for that channel is still there. I thought in a previous version channels that had no data were not listed at all in the Guide. I'll ignore it.

pünktchen Wrote:Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recording of repeated broadcasts by episode title or episode number

You got me there pünktchen, the MediaPortal upgrade installer said it would retain the old settings and I missed that one. Thanks, You helped solve most of my problems.

While these programs are great, it does seem like the settings pages are oddly organized.

I'll try installing Krypton in portable mode and see how it works, thanks!
OK, I tried to gather more information. I installed previous versions of Kodi in portable mode, and only enabled the Mediaportal addon. 15.2, with the Confluence Skin is the last version where these PVR indicators appear properly. They do not show in 16.1 with Confluence Skin, 17.0 Beta-1 in Estuary skin, or 17.0 Beta-3, with Estuary or Confluence Skins.

Any further advice?
Hello,

my system shows the same behavior. No indicators for repeating timers.
I didn't find a ticket - closed or still open. So I added one: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17111#ticket

WeTek Play
LibreELEC 7.0.2
Kodi 16.1
VNSI 1.11.16
VDR 7.0.101

Ciao
Zweikeks
(2016-10-11, 09:17)deamon_knight Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I tried to gather more information. I installed previous versions of Kodi in portable mode, and only enabled the Mediaportal addon. 15.2, with the Confluence Skin is the last version where these PVR indicators appear properly. They do not show in 16.1 with Confluence Skin, 17.0 Beta-1 in Estuary skin, or 17.0 Beta-3, with Estuary or Confluence Skins.

Any further advice?
Try Krypton Beta 6 [emoji6]
Pages: 1 2