Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to delete all XML PVR data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to trouble shoot a serious PVR problem. PVR is causing Kodi crash loop. I've heard that my PVR XML databases might be corrupted does anybody know where I could find all the related PVR XML related databases, so I can delete them?
Your best option is to turn on debugging and take a look at the log - (http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/)
If after reading that you still think the problem is with the PVR EPG database you could try deleting it (kodi should re-create it on next startup).

On the latest LibreElec test build it is located at /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg11.db (although it might be Epg10.db or an earlier number depending on what version of kodi you are running). Other distributions (or operating systems!) will have it in a similar location such as /home/<your username>/.kodi/Database/Epgxx.db.

You don't say which version of kodi you are using either (and it makes a difference, as does the pvr client you are using).
Post a debug log and I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction - if not for a fix, at least where to look next to try and fix it yourself.
Hey many thanks for your reply again...[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I am using the built-in PVR Stalker Client that comes with libreelec Authored byvJamal Edey, version 1.0.8 and using the current version of libreelec... However I migrated from the current stable of openelec where the problem started...upgrading to to libreelec has made no difference to the issue...the operating system crash loops... I have already delete the epg.*db file with no success...I have also deleted a tv29.db file with no success... I've seen others with this issue but no definitive solution...

I will have to do a debug log...This sounds like a silly question but do log files save data even in a fatal crash? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2016-08-21, 01:17)mwake Wrote: [ -> ]I will have to do a debug log...This sounds like a silly question but do log files save data even in a fatal crash? Thanks
Yes - and depending on the build of kodi you may even get a sensible backtrace which helps developers find the bug more quickly.
You should find a file with a name like "kodi_crashlog_20160820121425.log" in the .kodi/temp folder.
This will be a backtrace and log file all in one.
Thanks Metaron![THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Well if I can update first time doing a Kodi debug log but eventually setup advancedsettings.xml file. I opened it and found error references to the PVR failure and parsing errors but unfortunately I don't have the skills to fully understand the debug log... After this, I then did some blind fiddling and lo and behold it stopped the crash loop and I can now watch tv, yippe! HOWEVER all is NOT perfect...during the channel loading a message i never seen before popped up saying unable to load channel EPG guide (which maybe talies with what I saw in the debug log?)

I then blind fiddled again with the Kodi settings for guide cache and it started crashing again...

I had to delete the EPG.db and tv29.db to stop the crash loop...

So as it stands I am able to watch live tv but whenever I go near trying to have EPG guide working I get a kodi crash loop again.

This is my first time uploading a log and I'd be grateful if you or anyone can have (quick) look and help identify what is going on... I'd be extremely grateful!! Many thanks

http://pastebin.com/HSY7z9Vd
Seems like you're having a lot of crashes!

Most of them seem to be happening when the stalker client is reading EPG data from your stalker backend, e.g:
Code:
#5  0x00007f4b40ba2ba4 in SData::LoadEPGForChannel(SChannel&, long, long, ADDON_HANDLE_STRUCT*) () from /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.stalker/pvr.stalker.so.1.0.8

So the problem lies with the kodi stalker client (pvr.stalker) not liking something which it finds in the EPG data it gets from the stalker backend. Deleting the Kodi EPG database won't fix that.

I don't use stalker so I'm afraid this is where I will have to dip out, but maybe someone on the stalker support sub-forum can help.

Some self help options could be:
1) See if you can find a newer version of the stalker client that maybe fixes this bug and install it (try the 'update' option in the addon menu) - System->Settings->Add-ons->My add ons->PVR Clients->Stalker Client->Update

2) Try one of the LibreElec Alpha releases - you seem to be using LibreElec 7.0.2 - this should get you the latest version of the stalker client, but it might break something else. (https://libreelec.tv/download-temp/alpha-preview/)

3) See if you can manipulate the stalker EPG data at source to remove the thing which is causing pvr.stalker to crash. My money would be on funny ascii characters (like ^*/?~ etc...) in program or channel names. If you can stop pvr.stalker loading the 'problem' channel / episode, this might 'fix' the problem.

4) Turn on debug logging system->settings->system->logging->Enable debug logging (or similar), reproduce the crash, pastebin just that crashlog and start a new thread in the stalker support sub-forum. Hopefully someone who understands the stalker client better than I do will be able to investigate your problem and maybe develop a fix.

Good luck!
Thanks so much again[THUMBS UP SIGN] Well I fiddle with cache guide settings and delete EPG and tv databases and it works 1 time out of 10...then I'll switch off the box and restart and it goes crazy again crash looping....

I stumbled on different Stalker Client the NFPS version and downloaed it and set it up and everything is good to a point....I get no crash's but I get no EPG as it's not fully supported with EPG.ninja service properly...

Thanks for your advice...I'm a bit exhausted with all this so im going to do a full wipe and start again from scratch...if I run into same problems with built in Stalker I will take your advice and do a specific log of the crash and get someone else to look into it...seems a bit weird that no body else is experiencing this issue so that's why I'm wondering if something is corrupted in my file system or maybe even a bad sector on hard drive hence the reinstall of open openelec to see if maybe that is an issue? Thanks again Metaron, I hope this post helps others who maybe have this issue...

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Full wipe of drive reinstalled Kodi and setup working perfectly!!!...No crashes no reboots. I guess something in PVR setup got corrupted beyond repair, full wipe and reinstall the only solution... Any way very happy to have stable Kodi setup back [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8