Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suspend/sleep key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use this MEASY GP800 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad on my MXQ Pro S905 Android TV Box and it works just fine. What I would like to know is the key combination to put my MXQ Pro box into a suspend and/or sleep mode in KODI. Anyone?
After waiting for more than 1 month with no response, does this mean there is no such keys combination for a sleep/suspense in kodi?
Probably because your question is about some obscure keyboard and really has nothing to do with Kodi.
OK and that is a fair observation. However, can you and/or anyone provide the solution if it is any standard PC keyboard connected to a PS/2 port on a Linux desktop computer? The reason I ask is because I also have this issue with kodi v16.1 on my Linux desktop computer where I would like to press some keys (instead of using a mouse to click the home icon follow by the I/O button and the sleep option) to put my computer in a sleep mode when inside kodi.
Honestly, I don't know. It seems to have more to do with the PC hardware than the keyboard, as far as if the keyboard has the ability to wake/power-on a device. Sleeping/shutting-down something, even on Android, is as easy as just remapping actions. Just about every platform has software to do that. Doing the reverse is another story.
Well, does kodi have a key remap addon I can install to test?
Keymap Editor - you should find it in the official repo.
There is a keymap editor add-on, but you might need something that lets you remap things on a system level. For Android I would use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner
But, that is a 3-rd party software and not a kodi addon. I was hoping kodi would have some hidden options to manipulate key maps through the advancedsettings.xml file.
There is a shutdown action (included in the keymap add-on) that should trigger the shutdown command for most OSes, but not Android. Apparently "power" commands are more restricted on there.
Power-off and friends require systel-level permissions on Android, so kodi cannot trigger them by default.

SPMC uses su if the box is rooted to do it.
(2016-09-21, 07:52)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Power-off and friends require systel-level permissions on Android, so kodi cannot trigger them by default.
As for an Android OS, what software do I need to install so that I can remap some keys combination to provide a sleep function using the MEASY GP800 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad as mentioned in my OP?

Quote:SPMC uses su if the box is rooted to do it.
I don't know if you can consider the box is rooted when I can do an 'su' through the 'adb shell' connection.