Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding a source using the API?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question I was hoping someone could help with...

Does anybody know if it's possible to add and remove sources from Kodi using the JSON API?

I may have missed something reading through the API WIKI and documentation but couldn't see anything in this area other than the ability to get a list of sources.

As a bit of background (and in case someone has a better approach than me!), I'm running a shared library (MySQL server) and using NFS to export the paths so any other machines with kodi installed sees the same path. What I'm now trying to do is set it up so if a select number of USB HDDs are plugged in they are automatically exposed to kodi on other machines albeit not as a library source but just files - hence my question on adding via the API.

I can see an alternative approach with a combination of NFS and autofs (it's Linux throughout the house) but that would be something of a kludge and managing it through the API would be cleaner.

Mods - If you think this should be in the Linux forum please move but as the question is on the API rather than any Linux specific answer I thought here was better.
It's probably better in the development section, as more coders and devs will see it there.

I'll move it there.
not possible using jsonrpc as far as i know...
Any change here ? I'd like to add a source using the api...