Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Locked Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem. I am not a "techie" so please bear with me. I got a pop up screen on my tv that said to update my Kodi system. I did that and the robot was doing it's thing and then it crashed. I now only get a robot on it's back and cannot seem to get anything to work now. Basically I have a paperweight sitting by my tv. How the heck can I start from scratch and reinstall everything to get it working again. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Is this an android system? Sounds like an android update failed, in which case go ask your manufacturer.
I got a screen saying to upgrade my Kodi (android box). I hit the ok button, the little green guy was doing it's thing and then I got a screen with the green guy on his back and my complete system is locked up. I can't even power off with my remote or with the power button on the box. Very disturbing. I'm not a techie and do not go crazy with addons...in fact very few. If anyone can figure out how to correct this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
One post in one section is enough (and discussions is completely the wrong section for this).

Threads merged in case there's different useful information between the posts, as they aren't identical.
Nobody is really sure what went wrong in this update, but generally speaking some of these boxes can't be updated and if their working well leave them alone. The best solution is to semi-educate yourself or ask family/friends to help. If the box is semi-responsive ie. you can click on other Android things, clock etc... take the opportunity to un-install Kodi, and try to bring a fresh install down from the playstore. Failing that your other options are appealing to the retailer or manufacturer for support.