Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Fire TV] Krypton rendering broken with mediacodec, no passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
V17 will only support audiotrack Standards, no hacks. PR pending. If your device does not support google's api use a custom build.
Android is not maintained, it is enough work to keep current clibber running.
Quote:If your device does not support google's api use a custom build.
@Koying wrote that AC3 passthrough works for his X8509C. Mine is based on exactly the same HW (BRAVIA_2015) and SW platform, just different panel. So it is most likely the Teufel which can't cope with what is output?
OK, thanks, will do so in the afternoon when I get back home. What has been changed in that build?

I will also try SPMC which is supposed to have the IEC/RAW switch. Does IEC use the PCM hack there? Looks like my AVR does not support RAW AC3. I will try to verify that.
On Android 7 real iec format will appear, code for that will be in v17 but disabled as we could only test on Nexus which does not do HD audio.

On all other versions this term refers to: volume 100% and sending with 16 bit pcm. If Android mixer jumps in or volume control evil happens.

Up to v21 Android had no official pt API. With 21 ac3, eac3 appeared. The latter still not working in all cases with buggy firmware, ftv for example.

V23 brought DTS, DTS HD.

Shield supports truehd, too which audio track standard does not.

In short: official API raw only. With v24 IEC format additionally.
Raw API sucks balls, btw: no pause burst support as it obviously does not take IEC frames. So seek, skip an stuff will cause heavy underruns and it needs long time to get back in sync.
From a dev pov I am looking forward to drop raw an only use v24 API :-) imagine all the whiners....
(2016-08-30, 07:21)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk please

Dolby Digital Plus 5.1/7.1/Atmos works on the Shield Smile

I am seeing a problem: while playing DTS-HD Master Audio track, if you try to toggle the audio stream, Kodi crashes. No problem with other codecs. I have to toggle the audio stream because for some videos, it is the second track that is DTS:X

Hopefully this debug log has something: http://pastebin.com/mda7kRMt
Should crash with nightly the same :-)
(2016-08-30, 08:15)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Should crash with nightly the same :-)
Oh OK. Haven't tried to toggle the audio stream in any recent nightly build.
Some more tests with my MediaTek based Sony androidtv:

kodi-20160829-85584b8-androidpt-armeabi-v7a (test-build by @fritsch): AC3 passthrough not working
SPMC 16.4.2 - RAW: AC3 passthrough not working
SPMC 16.4.2 - IEC: AC3 passthrough working

I pretty much assume that my "AVR" (Teufel Cinebar 52 THX) can't cope with RAW AC3 as it works properly with Koying's Sony androidtv...
Nope.

The Teufel system gets IEC in both cases. The only difference is: In the "pseudo IEC" way - we create the IEC frames and in the RAW way Android creates them. So complain with your OS vendor - their encapsulation is broken :-(
Btw please post a Debug Log with my build. If I see the device does not do any pt by api at all I might think of adding a tunnel fallback.
OK, this could have been easier. Hope I managed it correctly. Bare with me, it is the first time I am doing this on an androidtv

kodi.log
All fine, according to the log. Ac3 it Supports and eac3, no dts ... It opens the stream correctly. From an Api pov nothing can be done :-(
I still wonder why it works for @Koying. He probably already has a Marshmallow pre-release on his Sony? Huh Or his AVR can cope with what is output..
Pages: 1 2 3 4