Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-24, 17:10)bushida87 Wrote: [ -> ]Who can make viewtypes for artic Skin? [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

+1
Beautiful work mate!!! Will move my game collection to this for sure.

Alright well as someone who is moving from a non-Kodi fron-tend this is really difficult. Once installed, "Emulators" prompts a message about adding a launcher, but I don't know how to do that...
Open the context Menu. Deffault key is C

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
AEL has categories like AL. A category can be something like 'Emulators' or maybe even 'Nintendo' and 'Sega' depending on what you like.
Then each category must have launchers. A Launcher is the actual application that starts. So that can be a SNES emulator.
Depending if you use a roms based launcher the next step will be adding content to the launcher which are the roms you can run with that specific launcher.
This addon is great! I'm using RCB on my living room retro gaming box because I'm running Kodi 16. On my laptop running Kodi 17 RCB doesn't work. AEL works like a charm and is quite easy to set up, especially thanks to the offline scrapers, which is a very nice touch. I have only set up my MAME collection so far, and it was a snap. There's only 1 problem: i set the setting to ignore BIOS files, but they still show up in my collection. Am I doing someting wrong?
(2016-08-26, 13:36)Girgl Wrote: [ -> ]This addon is great! I'm using RCB on my living room retro gaming box because I'm running Kodi 16. On my laptop running Kodi 17 RCB doesn't work. AEL works like a charm and is quite easy to set up, especially thanks to the offline scrapers, which is a very nice touch. I have only set up my MAME collection so far, and it was a snap. There's only 1 problem: i set the setting to ignore BIOS files, but they still show up in my collection. Am I doing someting wrong?

Ignore BIOS only works for No-Intro ROMs. For MAME it is more difficult to separate BIOSes. Advanced MAME Launcher will deal with that.

Sent from my SC-02G
(2016-08-26, 13:36)Girgl Wrote: [ -> ]This addon is great! I'm using RCB on my living room retro gaming box because I'm running Kodi 16. On my laptop running Kodi 17 RCB doesn't work. AEL works like a charm and is quite easy to set up, especially thanks to the offline scrapers, which is a very nice touch. I have only set up my MAME collection so far, and it was a snap. There's only 1 problem: i set the setting to ignore BIOS files, but they still show up in my collection. Am I doing someting wrong?

You can put bios in different directory than rom with sdlmame maybe you could do the same think with mame.
Hello, I am VERY new to Kodi (about a week) however I am not computer illiterate. I have been struggling with the Scrape function in RCB as it does not want to grab artwork from thegamesdb. In search of alternatives I have ended up here. Good timing!!

I have installed AEL today but can't seem to figure out how to populate it. Am I missing something? I have a working emulator and at least a few working ROM's. The setup menu is not as intuitive to me as RCB was so maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to add a collection? I assume the context menu would help but pressing "C" doesn't give me anything.

Any help would be appreciated. I know this is still BETA but where I have nothing else set up and I will most likely be using this, it would be nice to have working now. As I said, very new to Kodi so its like a new toy right now.
Normaly C should bring you the context menu where you can find option to add launcher.
There should be something wrong with your install if that doesn't work.
Thanks, much appreciated. I had reinstalled a few times but with no change. Apparently, the file downloaded from Wintermute's post "Latest version of AEL is 0.9.0 and can be downloaded here." is a different file than available from GitHub.

I now seem to have a properly working install. However, I seem to still be missing one vital piece. I have added my emulator, which has you map the ROM's directory but when I click into "Emulators" and then click on the emulator I get the following: Launcher XML/JSON missing. Add items to launcher"
C on the emulator then add rom
Wow! Can we forget that post ever happened? That's quite easy once you realize there's different context menus. RCB only seemed to have 1 so I wasn't expecting or looking for more. Thank you!!!
Just a quick comment (with no log I'm afraid, at this time I'm at work) but I'm an old time user of advanced launcher, so decide to test your evolution of it but add on give me an error while importing launcher from my advanced launcher add on...Does it require specific things?
My advanced launcher is quite loaded with different launcher, I'm using the favorite categories also ( something like super favorite but in advanced launcher) ,also I'm hiding the "default" category on advanced launcher...Maybe some of these option are not compatible with your add on?
Anyway, i'lltry to post a log as soon as I can, this was just to let you know...
Thanks for your work, advanced launcher is very useful and I'm glad that you keep on updating it!
Cheers
(2016-08-26, 14:43)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ignore BIOS only works for No-Intro ROMs. For MAME it is more difficult to separate BIOSes. Advanced MAME Launcher will deal with that.

Sent from my SC-02G

Mamedb has a list with BIOS roms (http://www.mamedb.com/category/BIOS). Maybe you could implement it in your parser (I guess you have a custom made parser for the mame rom list) and ignore the BIOS roms during import? It's quite a hassle to manually delete the BIOS roms, which then get added back the next time you import games.
Hi.

I love this launcher. So easy to set up and use.
I do have a couple of issues I was hoping someone could help with.

1 - I am using the sexycirrus skin as it looks cool in the screenshot. However I can only show 1 image per game. In each boxx it will only show fanart. How do we have a different image in the bottom right, background and selection icon.

2 - Like another user I can't seem to change directory path for the imageswithout editing the xml file.

3 - I can't see trailers in the file browser when manually adding them.

4 - When scraping trailers are given the jpg filetype. I have videos stored locaaly and havr been able to viee them by editing the extension in the json but this takes too long

I have a couple of other issues but sorting the above might give me enough knowledge to work out the others