Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can this program start an android app from within kodi, then when i exit app it returns to kodi?

Thanks
(2016-12-21, 21:18)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]Can this program start an android app from within kodi, then when i exit app it returns to kodi?

Thanks
It is exactly what it does [emoji1]
oooh i like the look of this, glad my databases came in handy, as soon as i et chance ill be updating them next on list will be the likes of zx spectrum, cpc, atari st and commodore 64

**edit** oops should of said im billyc999 lol
(2016-12-16, 14:38)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again.

Another thing, sega model 2 emulator launch files like this:

emulator.exe daytona

When tried AEL, it tries to launch exmulator.exe daytona.ZIP

By using the extension, this emu only launch ui but not the game.

There is an option to launch without file extension?

Tried to change params to %ROM% without the " " or to only ROM, but didnt help.

I covered this exact issue a while ago when Advanced Launcher was still in use:

(2016-02-19, 11:43)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've done some minor experimenting with this but I'm fairly certain it doesn't work although I'd hope to be proven wrong. Smile

The reasoning behind why it fails or doesn't work is because Advanced Launcher passes the full path to a given emulator (eg: X:\ROMS\MYGAME.ZIP) via the "%rom%" and %rom% arguments. Trouble is, M2 Emulator as far as I can tell only accepts emulator.exe gamename as command line arguments and that's it! M2 Emulator has to have a rom directory defined within itself through its own ini file or by default it will scan for a rom subdirectory in its own directory. In other words, path information is completely ignored by M2 emulator via command line.

The only viable solution, that I can think of, is that you have all your arcade games in one launcher, naturally 99% will launch through MAME and have all the Model2 games in there too. For each Model2 title, you will need to change 'Alternate Application' and 'Alternate Arguments' to make it work. You will have to do this manually, but fortunately, there aren't that many M2 titles.

Hope that helps. Smile
(2016-11-17, 17:15)marcoooo Wrote: [ -> ]just want to follow up with the issue i had with kodi 16 and 16.1

was not able to open it after install

what i did

i downloaded this

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ordereddict

renamed ordereddict.py to OrderedDict.py
i placed it in the asset folder

then i changed the line 27

from collections import OrderedDict

TO

import OrderedDict

and now i can open it normally

Thanks for this man Smile
How do i run android apps (not emulators) within AEL?

I clicked on standalone launcher but where do i browse to find where the app shortcut stored?

Or am i missing a step.

Thanks for any info
@Wintermute0110

i tohught id have a go at importing just a small set AAE (vector games) i can import the roms but for some reason i cant get the artwork and videos to show, it asks me once for an artwork path which i just pointed to box fronts in my launchbox directory but no box fronts show up.

also i made the AAE.xml in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\data\GameDBInfo folder but it doesnt allow me to use it, does this need some path adding,
i can make you the xmls that your missing if you want from my ods files it should'nt take long
I run into an error ever<time when I try to add a ROM...

Code:
19:15:30.545 T:139643737425664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'misc_split_path' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 243, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_add_roms(args['launID'][0])
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 1792, in _command_add_roms
                                                self._roms_add_new_rom(launcher)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 6248, in _roms_add_new_rom
                                                ROM = misc_split_path(romfile)
                                            NameError: global name 'misc_split_path' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-12-22, 15:33)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]How do i run android apps (not emulators) within AEL?

I clicked on standalone launcher but where do i browse to find where the app shortcut stored?

Or am i missing a step.

Thanks for any info

Here you have some info about launching applications on Android. Hope it helps.
(2016-12-22, 20:58)billyc666 Wrote: [ -> ]@Wintermute0110

i tohught id have a go at importing just a small set AAE (vector games) i can import the roms but for some reason i cant get the artwork and videos to show, it asks me once for an artwork path which i just pointed to box fronts in my launchbox directory but no box fronts show up.

also i made the AAE.xml in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\data\GameDBInfo folder but it doesnt allow me to use it, does this need some path adding,
i can make you the xmls that your missing if you want from my ods files it should'nt take long

Hi billyc666. Yeah, thanks a lot for your database, really appreciated. It has been really useful for AEL Big Grin I have some plans to improve it in the future... but first there is a lot of work to do with AEL and Advanced MAME Launcher.

Regarding your question about AAE: it seems that AAE use MAME ROMs (the ones with vector displays), so the MAME offline scraper should find the ROMs and display correct metadata. Keep in mind that MAME database in AEL is custom made, the information is extracted from MAME itself, and covers the whole 30.000 MAME machines. Also, HyperList includes many ROM lists that are actually truncated/filtered MAME lists (for example, Capcom classics, NeoGeo, etc.) Since these lists are subsets of MAME and AEL MAME scraper includes all MAME machines then you can use MAME platform in AEL when scanning those launchers and it should work well.

On the other hand, if you want to add your custom databases to AEL that is easy. XML format used by AEL is currently compatible with Hyperspin's HyperList. Follow these steps for each platform to be added:

0) Let's call AEL_DIR = AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher

1) Put the XML database in the folder your mentioned, in this case AAE.xml

2) Edit AEL_DIR/resources/scrap_info.py and add the new platform to the list:

Code:
AEL_platform_list = [
    'AAE',
    # --- MAME/Arcade ---
    'MAME',

3) Edit AEL_DIR/resources/scrap_info.py and add the new platform database to the offline scraper:

Code:
platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML = {
    'AAE'                         : 'resources/data/GameDBInfo/AAE.xml',
    'MAME'                        : 'resources/data/GameDBInfo/MAME.xml',
To everyone

I have been on holidays without access to a proper computer. Now still on holidays but I have access to a Linux machine. Will solve the bugs reported and release 0.9.5-beta2 shortly.
Thanks Wintermute, im not sure why i cant get it to scrape from the xml or why no artwork shows up for the roms unless i do each rom individualy
i let AEL create the all the relevent folders and then put the artwork in them but nothing shows up, i tried rescan roms local assets/artwork but that throws me an error

Code:
2:18:09.882 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Rescanning local assets...
22:18:09.883 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : No duplicated asset dirs found
22:18:09.885 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : Checking ROM "H:\Games\AAE\vortex.zip"
22:18:09.890 T:4816   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 220, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_edit_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 1388, in _command_edit_launcher
                                                ROM = misc_split_path(rom['filename'])
22:18:25.566 T:2644 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(60): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
22:18:25.717 T:2644  NOTICE: iSTREAM: Subscription Auto Update Service - Starting\Waking...
22:18:25.717 T:2644  NOTICE: iSTREAM: Subscription Auto Update Service - Auto Update Disabled, Sleep for 30 mins
22:20:48.906 T:6076   ERROR: Control 500 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:20:56.928 T:6076   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window pvr
22:20:56.929 T:6076   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window games
22:21:25.981 T:4920   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() No-Intro DAT not configured. PClone view mode cannot be set.
22:21:25.981 T:4920   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Forcing normal view mode.
22:22:14.664 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Rescanning local assets...
22:22:14.665 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : No duplicated asset dirs found
22:22:14.667 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : Checking ROM "H:\Games\AAE\vortex.zip"
22:22:14.671 T:2092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 220, in run_plugin
                                              File "C:\Users\billyc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 1388, in _command_edit_launcher
(2016-12-24, 00:33)billyc666 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Wintermute, im not sure why i cant get it to scrape from the xml or why no artwork shows up for the roms unless i do each rom individualy
i let AEL create the all the relevent folders and then put the artwork in them but nothing shows up, i tried rescan roms local assets/artwork but that throws me an error

Code:
2:18:09.882 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Rescanning local assets...
22:18:09.883 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : No duplicated asset dirs found
22:18:09.885 T:4816   ERROR: AEL INFO : Checking ROM "H:\Games\AAE\vortex.zip"
22:18:09.890 T:4816   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
22:18:25.566 T:2644 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(60): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
22:18:25.717 T:2644  NOTICE: iSTREAM: Subscription Auto Update Service - Starting\Waking...
22:18:25.717 T:2644  NOTICE: iSTREAM: Subscription Auto Update Service - Auto Update Disabled, Sleep for 30 mins
22:20:48.906 T:6076   ERROR: Control 500 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:20:56.928 T:6076   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window pvr
22:20:56.929 T:6076   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window games
22:21:25.981 T:4920   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() No-Intro DAT not configured. PClone view mode cannot be set.
22:21:25.981 T:4920   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Forcing normal view mode.
22:22:14.664 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_edit_launcher() Rescanning local assets...
22:22:14.665 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : No duplicated asset dirs found
22:22:14.667 T:2092   ERROR: AEL INFO : Checking ROM "H:\Games\AAE\vortex.zip"
22:22:14.671 T:2092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
That's a known bug, will fix ASAP.
cheers, in the meantime if you need me to convert the remaining ods files to xmls and upload them for you to add ill gladly do so

**edit** i thought id do a fresh install of kodi jarvis added everything back then re added AEL
ive set my skin to cirius extended (sexy cirius)
i followed the instructions as in the first post , games launch fine but for some reason it wont scrape my AAE.xml and wont add trailers or artwork, i have a folder on my h drive named assets with (system name) subfolders, then inside the (System name subfolders) AEL creates the required folders where ive placed all the required media.
anyone got any ideas whats wrong, is it due to the error in the last post
i updated to krypton, it now retieves info from AAE.xml, just the artwork and trailer problem to solve