Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, thanks.

Tried but no luck. Emulator now tries to launch game but it says "program stopped working..." before loading rom.
check the model 2 ini for this line ;Dir1=c:\Model2\roms to see if you have it set to the correct directory where your roms are, also remove the ; at the begining of the line
if that doesnt work try setting the emulator o administrator and try it again

it's quite a while since ive used an emulator outside of rocketlauncher so im taking a wild guess to stuff i think i used before to get this emulator working in rcb or could of been AL
@trihy I have added a new argument substitution keyword, $rombasenoext$, which is what you want. Please install the latest version from Github and try. Also use the quotes " to be safe if your path/ROM name contains spaces.

Also, I have changed the other argument substitution keywords like this (the % symbol is ugly and I prefer the Perl/PHP-style $):

Code:
Emulator: /usr/games/mednafen
ROM file name example: /home/kodi/ROMs/Genesis/Sonic The Hedgehog (Rev A).zip

Standard argument substitution keywords:
$categoryID$   --> AEL category fingerprint
$launcherID$   --> AEL launcher fingerprint
$romID$        --> AEL ROM fingerprint
$rom$          --> /home/kodi/ROMs/Genesis/Sonic The Hedgehog (Rev A).zip
$romfile$      --> Alias for $rom$
$rompath$      --> /home/kodi/ROMs/Genesis
$rombase$      --> Sonic The Hedgehog (Rev A).zip
$rombasenoext$ --> Sonic The Hedgehog (Rev A)
$romtitle$     --> Depends on AEL scanner settings
$apppath$      --> /usr/games

For compatibility with Advanced Launcher (and deprecated):
%rom% --> Alias for $rom$
%ROM% --> Alias for $rom$
(2016-12-28, 02:26)budtz Wrote: [ -> ]Artwork is there - but is placed in title in stead of boxfront. That might be the problem

Advanced Emulator Launcher supports many types of assets to accommodate both arcade and console ROMs/games. On the other hand, Advanced Launcher supports ONLY thumbs/icons and fanarts. When doing the launchers.xml import, I choose to map AL thumbs to s_title, which is what most users have for arcade. However, for other launchers (notably consoles) many people use Boxfronts as icons on their setups.

If you want to use AEL to its full capabilities you will need to retouch the configuration of your imported launchers. I added the feature of importing launchers.xml as a suggestion and it was a very good idea indeed. However, since then AEL has matured and now I think is easier to recreate your launchers using AEL and copy/move the AL artwork to their proper new places (for example, you move your old "SNES-thumbs" to the new "SNES-artwork/boxfronts/") to take full advantage of the new AEL features. Currently there are no released skins that support AEL extended assets but that situation will change soon.
Thanks for all the help, guys.

Udated to latest github. Sadly still doesnt work.

m2 emulator launchs and try to run the game but a m2 emulator stopped working dialog show.

Emulator launch games fine in standalone mode. So, still some arguments should be changed.

Here is changelog when lauching games with $rombasenoext$

14:18:00.676 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launching ROM in Launcher...
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Using Launcher standard arguments
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() categoryID 2d0342633c99d829c3ad4970729b60d7
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() launcherID c93b284458667d5daeeec95b47709d67
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romID b1fa668cca30944cfb804e545685ae73
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romfile "D:\ROMS_M2\daytona.zip"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rompath "D:\ROMS_M2"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombase "daytona.zip"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombasenoext "daytona"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romtitle "Daytona USA"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() application "C:\emulator_multicpu.exe"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\"
14:18:00.677 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext "zip"
14:18:00.717 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "$rombasenoext$"
14:18:00.717 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "daytona"
14:18:00.746 T:9272 ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\most_played.json
14:18:09.107 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launching ROM in Launcher...
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Using Launcher standard arguments
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() categoryID 2d0342633c99d829c3ad4970729b60d7
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() launcherID c93b284458667d5daeeec95b47709d67
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romID ba665450fe6bef78a53abe193479ba2e
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romfile "D:\ROMS_M2\dayton93.zip"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rompath "D:\ROMS_M2"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombase "dayton93.zip"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombasenoext "dayton93"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romtitle "dayton93"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() application "C:\emulator_multicpu.exe"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext "zip"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "$rombasenoext$"
14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "dayton93"
Wintermute is there a problem with the rescaning of local artwork?

So i had 11 roms setup under playstation with artwork for box fronts working fine..

just hit rescan local artwork and they have all disappeared from AEL (the artwork) they are in the folder and named the same as the rom file?
i just draged the old source from version 0.91 to overwrite the latest files. then rescaned media/assets and it worked all my artwork showed up....cool... so im assuming something is broken in the latest release
@kiaenigma27 @billyc666 OK... there may be a bug in the asset scanner. Will have a look ASAP.
(2016-12-30, 19:24)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]...

14:18:09.108 T:4976 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "dayton93"

According to the log now the argument substitution works, you get the ROM name without the extension... which means the problem should be somewhere else.

Can you please open a Windows console (cmd.exe) and try to launch the games manually? For example:

Code:
c:> c:\emulator_multicpu.exe dayton93

Do some tests until you get a command line that works and report the results.
Hi, thanks again.

I can launch the games on cmd this way:

1:

C:\emulator_multicpu.exe daytona

or

2:

Make a bat with the following and game will launch when open the bat:

cd /d "C:\"
start "Emulator" "C:\emulator_multicpu.exe" daytona

or

3:

Shorcut containing this will launch the game too:

"C:\emulator_multicpu.exe" daytona
(2016-12-30, 20:39)billyc666 Wrote: [ -> ]i just draged the old source from version 0.91 to overwrite the latest files. then rescaned media/assets and it worked all my artwork showed up....cool... so im assuming something is broken in the latest release

Same here: tried to start with a new collection with the latest version (0.9.5-beta2) but scraping fails all the time.

Code:
21:17:30.409 T:8016   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'local_image' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 243, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_add_roms(args['launID'][0])
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 1789, in _command_add_roms
                                                self._roms_import_roms(launcher)
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 6446, in _roms_import_roms
                                                romdata     = self._roms_process_scanned_ROM(launcherID, ROM)
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 6650, in _roms_process_scanned_ROM
                                                romdata[A.key] = self._roms_scrap_asset(asset_kind, local_asset_list[i], ROM, launcher)
                                              File "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 6759, in _roms_scrap_asset
                                                if os.path.isfile(local_image):
                                            NameError: global name 'local_image' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

More detailed logging: http://pastebin.com/u5mkfBS4

Went back to version 0.9.1 to get some scraping working again (but not for everything).
I did some fixes in Github just now. "Edit Launcher" -> "Manage ROMs" -> "Scan local assets" should be working now. @h3llrais3r ROM scanner when asset semi-automatic scraping is ON should also be working. I did some limited testing, if you can try the last version from Github and report back that would be perfect.
Hey Kodi Fans,

I installed Advanced Emulator Launcher today the first time. I can easily start .exe files but I always get an error when I want to start an .bat file.

Did i miss a setting? I tried Microsoft Windows as well as Microsoft Ms-DOS as a platform without sucess.

thanks
(2017-01-06, 21:40)NatroN Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Kodi Fans,

I installed Advanced Emulator Launcher today the first time. I can easily start .exe files but I always get an error when I want to start an .bat file.

Did i miss a setting? I tried Microsoft Windows as well as Microsoft Ms-DOS as a platform without sucess.

thanks

bat file launching in Windows should be working OK. Please post a debug log and make sure you follow the instructions in the first post.
Wow.

thanks for the quick reply.

here is my AEL log

http://pastebin.com/CjvPvvxC