Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone please tell me how to get game descriptions showing?
I tried local offline scraper and online scraper but no text available.
Do i need to use a different scraper?
(2017-01-16, 14:10)fux0r Wrote: [ -> ]can someone please tell me how to get game descriptions showing?
I tried local offline scraper and online scraper but no text available.
Do i need to use a different scraper?
You need a skin that supports AEL. Try Sexy Cirrus if you are running Jarvis.
Ah now it makes sense
Any recommendations for Krypton?
Nice addon btw Smile
(2017-01-16, 17:51)fux0r Wrote: [ -> ]Ah now it makes sense
Any recommendations for Krypton?
Nice addon btw Smile
For metadata you have some partial support on: Aeon MQ7, Amber, Estuary, Rapier and Titan. New skins and views that support AEL are being developed now, will be released soon.
Hi Wintermute0110, here is some work in progress

Some suggestions for metadata
Platform
Perspective
Gameplay
Setting
Region

Do you know how can I open the manual with, for example, the PDF Reader 1.0.2 (I don't know other). What is the code that I put on the <onclick>

Thanks for your work
(2017-01-17, 04:24)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Some suggestions for metadata
Platform
Perspective
Gameplay
Setting
Region

Good work with your view Big Grin

I do not want to overload the AEL database with a lot of fields for two reasons: First, AEL offline scraper database must contain all the metadata for all ROMs so I do not want to add a metadata field I cannot find a good source to build the offline scraper database. By the same token, I do not want to have metadata fields that may have Not Applicable to some ROMs. Platform is already included in AEL metadata. I will add NPlayers in next AEL version. The second reason is that more metadata means bigger databases, bigger JSON files, and slower AEL execution!

(2017-01-17, 04:24)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how can I open the manual with, for example, the PDF Reader 1.0.2 (I don't know other). What is the code that I put on the <onclick>

Thanks for your work

No idea... I have never used that addon myself. Maybe send teeedubb a PM and ask for help. Another option is to ask Kodi core developers to include Poppler so Kodi will be able to render PDFs natively, which would be an important feature now that Retroplayer has been merged into Kodi Leia.
Hi Wintermute0110,

I want just you notify that AEL reports an error when trying to import a NFO file that contains some special characters.

I usually edit the NFO file personally (i.e. "outside" AEL). For example, if I use the following plot for Pro Evolution Soccer 2017:

Code:
<plot>Lo straordinario FOX Engine di KONAMI è pronto a segnare nuovi standard di riferimento nel settore e a offrire tantissime innovazioni chiave al gameplay.</plot>

AEL doesn't import it because the special character 'è'. If I copy and paste the same text using the AEL internal edit metadata function, what is saved in the NFO file is:

Code:
<plot>Lo straordinario FOX Engine di KONAMI è pronto a segnare nuovi standard di riferimento nel settore e a offrire tantissime innovazioni chiave al gameplay.</plot>

So, the character 'è' has been changed in '├¿'. Please note that inside Kodi, the correct character 'è' is shown, so it seems is just a question of "translation" while importing a NFO file. I think that the same issue would happen with all the other (italian and others) special characters such as: ò, à, é, ù, ì, etc.

Do you think that is possible to fix this issue? In fact, for me is more comfortable to edit the NFO files outside Kodi and then importing them in AEL afterwards.

Thanks in advance for your help.
(2017-01-17, 12:32)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]...

AEL doesn't import it because the special character 'è'. If I copy and paste the same text using the AEL internal edit metadata function, what is saved in the NFO file is:

Code:

So, the character 'è' has been changed in '├¿'. Please note that inside Kodi, the correct character 'è' is shown, so it seems is just a question of "translation" while importing a NFO file. I think that the same issue would happen with all the other (italian and others) special characters such as: ò, à, é, ù, ì, etc.

Do you think that is possible to fix this issue? In fact, for me is more comfortable to edit the NFO files outside Kodi and then importing them in AEL afterwards.

Hi, AEL supports non ASCII characters in NFO files but it is very important that NFO files are encoded using UTF-8. For example, in the AEL asset library many NFO files describing japanese consoles (for example the Dreamcast launcher NFO file has the name of the Dreamcast in Katakana) have non-ASCII characters.

If you are a Windows user I recommend to use Notepad++ to edit the NFO files. After checking you NFO files are encoded in UTF-8 if problem persists report again and upload one of your problematic NFO files to pastebin.com so I can test it on my setup.
(2017-01-17, 12:59)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-17, 12:32)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Code:

Hi, AEL supports non ASCII characters in NFO files but it is very important that NFO files are encoded using UTF-8. For example, in the AEL asset library many NFO files describing japanese consoles (for example the Dreamcast launcher NFO file has the name of the Dreamcast in Katakana) have non-ASCII characters.

If you are a Windows user I recommend to use Notepad++ to edit the NFO files. After checking you NFO files are encoded in UTF-8 if problem persists report again and upload one of your problematic NFO files to pastebin.com so I can test it on my setup.

Thanks a lot Wintermute0110! I've just followed your instructions and everything worked perfectly! Sorry for disturbing you on this simple issue... Wink
@axlt2002 also another thing to try if the problem still persists is to use notepad++ click search in the menu bar at the top, then at the bottom of the menu click find charchters in range.. then in the window that pops up make sure non ASCII Charachters is selected and press find. replace anything that it finds, i do this when i convert my csv files to AEL xml files
(2017-01-10, 21:37)billyc666 Wrote: [ -> ]@Rufoo is there a release date for Skin xxxxx, the addon works great just unfortunate that no skin support at the momnet Sad

Hey bud,

I missed this. The idea is to have this released by / around the time Kodi 17 goes gold (pressure is on as 17 has reached RC3). Unlike SexyCirrus, this is a full blown skin, not an addon to a pre-existing one so much time has been spent creating views that span universally across areas (and dynamically shift).

What was liked about SexyCirrus has been cranked up to 10. What was hated about Cirrus is no more. Hang tight, mate. Smile

This weekend I might post a slew of shots as it nears finalization.
Thanks rufoo & wintermute.. just so glad ill be able to get my collections back in kodi soon
Hello together once sorry because of the english must google go. My problem is that I execute Kodi in the exclusive fullscreen. Since I have the problem that the emulator zb. Retroarch does not come into the forefront. Is there a way to minimize kodi when I start a rom and maximize after the game kodi again?
Wintermute0110, its true, you already have the platform on the information but I don't know how to get it, what is the listItem?.
On a collection this an useful information.

Keep the good work.
(2017-01-19, 01:34)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Wintermute0110, its true, you already have the platform on the information but I don't know how to get it, what is the listItem?.
On a collection this an useful information.

Keep the good work.

Try ListItem.Property(platform). I have not tested it yet. If it works I will update the AEL DEBUG view.