Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-29, 22:35)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome, it's nothing compered with your work on these add-ons.
I guess I understood the fav concept. technically its not so much favorite status but "only" status

Yeah, but keep in mind that only Favourite ROMs have the Fav_status. ROMs in a standard launcher don't. Hence the name Favourite status.

(2017-01-29, 22:35)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]The emulators/launchers don't have the option to add an icon on the artwork section.

I think they have. Both Categories and Launcher have Thumb/Fanart/Banner/Poster/Trailer. Thumb can also be named Icon. Actually, the Thumb word is deprecated and must be substituted by Icon on newer Kodi version.

(2017-01-29, 22:35)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]I created an option on the skin settings were people can add a folder were they have the controllers artwork, and the info page shows that artwork. (the png needs to have the same name as the platform)

OK, I know understand how you do it. Actually, I think it could be useful to have some platform assets that maybe independent of AEL, specially now that Retroplayer has been merged into Kodi Leia. This platform artwork can be the standard Icon/Fanart/Banner/Poster and maybe also Controller and other stuff related with the platform. Unfortunately, the names of the platforms have been not standardised yet and in addition it is not clear yet about how can you call the API in Leia to get information about the platforms.

I can add a new artwork named Controller to AEL Categories/Launchers, but that may create problems because Controller only makes sense if the launcher is for a console. However, there can be launchers for applications or standalone launcher for individual games.

In any case... I think the current solution of the skin having a custom set of controller images that can be displayed depending on the Platform AEL advertises is OK.

If you have any idea about this let me know.

(2017-01-29, 22:35)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it would be good if you add the clearlogo option. If not, the solution above works to. that's what I'm using now to show the clearlogos on the emulator/launcher.
Best Regards

OK, will add Clearlogo to Categories/Launchers.
Hi Wintermute. Thanks for the response. Sounds great! I didn't realize Kodi handled profiles like that but it should work great. The only two concerns I would have would be maybe having some way to sync databases across profiles (maybe through the program settings) as it could get unwieldy to have to import and reimport everything every time you add a game, and that this will multiply the image cache size by number of users so maybe some way to share the image cache? But those are incredibly minor and low priority details, I really like what you're planning.

Thanks for your work on multidisc!
Hi !

I have Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) and Aeon MQ7 skin. Advance emulator Launcher work perfectly (thanks developer for work !) but the view is not like sexy cirrus :
https://postimg.org/image/j30ijbua1/

What can I do to improve this ? I would like keep Aeon MQ7 skin.

Thanks for reply !
(2017-01-30, 11:42)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but keep in mind that only Favourite ROMs have the Fav_status. ROMs in a standard launcher don't. Hence the name Favourite status.
Thats the problem, and all my comments about this. maybe I explained wrong. The Fav_status_ok, at least for me, is in every ROM (Favorites or standard)
did't add this rom to AEL favorites and it shows the FAv_status_ok. The behavior of this flags is not the same as the title labels that you implemented in the beginning ([FAV] (there is no flag for only FAV), [Broken],[OK],...)

(2017-01-30, 11:42)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have. Both Categories and Launcher have Thumb/Fanart/Banner/Poster/Trailer. Thumb can also be named Icon. Actually, the Thumb word is deprecated and must be substituted by Icon on newer Kodi version.
In that case, there is an icon Wink

(2017-01-30, 11:42)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, will add Clearlogo to Categories/Launchers.
NIce! thank you
(2017-01-30, 12:45)atsumori Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wintermute. Thanks for the response. Sounds great! I didn't realize Kodi handled profiles like that but it should work great. The only two concerns I would have would be maybe having some way to sync databases across profiles (maybe through the program settings) as it could get unwieldy to have to import and reimport everything every time you add a game, and that this will multiply the image cache size by number of users so maybe some way to share the image cache? But those are incredibly minor and low priority details, I really like what you're planning.

Thanks for your work on multidisc!

OK. Let's implement the ESRB rate first and the multidisc support. Once the ESRB rating is working we can think about concerned parents Big Grin
(2017-01-30, 14:03)Kipawa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi !

I have Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) and Aeon MQ7 skin. Advance emulator Launcher work perfectly (thanks developer for work !) but the view is not like sexy cirrus :
https://postimg.org/image/j30ijbua1/

What can I do to improve this ? I would like keep Aeon MQ7 skin.

Thanks for reply !

You need to contact the MQ7 developers in the Aeon MQ7 subforum and ask them to include some views for AEL.

The skin views are artistic creations of the skinner so no two views on two different skins should look exactly the same. Even if the original author of the Sexy Cirrus MOD, Rufoo, agrees to his views to be used in MQ7 in general moving views from one skin to another is complicated because a lot of XML code needs to be changed/adapted.
(2017-01-30, 14:05)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the problem, and all my comments about this. maybe I explained wrong. The Fav_status_ok, at least for me, is in every ROM (Favorites or standard)
did't add this rom to AEL favorites and it shows the FAv_status_ok. The behavior of this flags is not the same as the title labels that you implemented in the beginning ([FAV] (there is no flag for only FAV), [Broken],[OK],...)

For ROMs in a standard launcher the "AEL_Fav_stat" property must always have the default value "Fav_Unknown" and no icon should be displayed (although the skinner may display an icon if so he/she wishes). If this is not true there could be a bug in AEL.

EDIT: I realize that ROMs in Favourites/Collections may also have the value "Fav_Unknown" if you never checked them. Maybe I should add an additional value like "Fav_None" so every ROM which is not Favourite will have "Fav_None" and no icon should be displayed. What you think?
Wintermute0110 Wrote:You need to contact the MQ7 developers in the Aeon MQ7 subforum and ask them to include some views for AEL.

The skin views are artistic creations of the skinner so no two views on two different skins should look exactly the same. Even if the original author of the Sexy Cirrus MOD, Rufoo, agrees to his views to be used in MQ7 in general moving views from one skin to another is complicated because a lot of XML code needs to be changed/adapted.

Hi Wintermute0110,

I understand. I ask on Aeon MQ7 subforum.

Thanks for your speed !
(2017-01-30, 15:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-30, 14:05)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the problem, and all my comments about this. maybe I explained wrong. The Fav_status_ok, at least for me, is in every ROM (Favorites or standard)

For ROMs in a standard launcher the "AEL_Fav_stat" property must always have the default value "Fav_Unknown" and no icon should be displayed (although the skinner may display an icon if so he/she wishes). If this is not true there could be a bug in AEL.

EDIT: I realize that ROMs in Favourites/Collections may also have the value "Fav_Unknown" if you never checked them. Maybe I should add an additional value like "Fav_None" so every ROM which is not Favourite will have "Fav_None" and no icon should be displayed. What you think?
I guess there is a bug in AEL then. on that example it shoud l say Fav_unknown and not fav_ok....
About the Fav_unknown on Favourites/Collections in my opinion, it's not needed. if it's not" ok" or "broken" or "unlinked", it doesn't show anything(unchecked). With checking you mean the addon checking the status, right?
What I would add is a new flag for roms on standard lauchers that were added to AEL favorites, like FAV_added.. like the labels work right now- when you add a ROM on a standard launcher to favorites, it shows [FAV] on the title. The FAV_added flag is the [FAV]
(2017-01-30, 15:48)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]I guess there is a bug in AEL then. on that example it shoud l say Fav_unknown and not fav_ok....

OK, I will check the current implementation ASAP.

(2017-01-30, 15:48)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]About the Fav_unknown on Favourites/Collections in my opinion, it's not needed. if it's not" ok" or "broken" or "unlinked", it doesn't show anything(unchecked). With checking you mean the addon checking the status, right?

In the current implementation, when the Favourite ROM is created the status will be OK. However, if you want to change the status you have to go to context menu and check the favourite ROMs. For more information, Favourite ROM documentation is completed on the AEL wiki.

(2017-01-30, 15:48)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]What I would add is a new flag for roms on standard lauchers that were added to AEL favorites, like FAV_added.. like the labels work right now- when you add a ROM on a standard launcher to favorites, it shows [FAV] on the title. The FAV_added flag is the [FAV]

You are right! I forgot to include an extra flag to tell when a ROM in a standard launcher is in Favourites or not! Will add it ASAP.
(2017-01-30, 15:48)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-30, 15:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess there is a bug in AEL then. on that example it shoud l say Fav_unknown and not fav_ok....
About the Fav_unknown on Favourites/Collections in my opinion, it's not needed. if it's not" ok" or "broken" or "unlinked", it doesn't show anything(unchecked). With checking you mean the addon checking the status, right?
What I would add is a new flag for roms on standard lauchers that were added to AEL favorites, like FAV_added.. like the labels work right now- when you add a ROM on a standard launcher to favorites, it shows [FAV] on the title. The FAV_added flag is the [FAV]

Wonderful Kodser

But is it possible to put that skin to v18.

NB for Wintermute0110 : For Retroplayer with last build it's working thx Smile
(2017-01-31, 00:52)yallah Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful Kodser

But is it possible to put that skin to v18.

NB for Wintermute0110 : For Retroplayer with last build it's working thx Smile

This is only a mod for the skin Arctic: Zephyr developed by jurialmunkey. I believe if he wants, he will convert the skin for v18 n the future.

EDIT

PHP Code:
AEL_CONTENT_WINDOW_ID       10001

AEL_CONTENT_LABEL           
'AEL_Content'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_LAUNCHERS 'launchers'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_ROMS      'roms'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_NONE      '' 

I only saw this now...Is this categories/addon levels already working? I tested and it's not working, but when it does, it will be a good solution
And Video guide for ubuntu users for whole setup and install pls.
(2017-01-31, 22:25)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT

PHP Code:
AEL_CONTENT_WINDOW_ID       10001

AEL_CONTENT_LABEL           
'AEL_Content'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_LAUNCHERS 'launchers'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_ROMS      'roms'

AEL_CONTENT_VALUE_NONE      '' 

I only saw this now...Is this categories/addon levels already working? I tested and it's not working, but when it does, it will be a good solution

Hi KODser. That code is to set a window property so views can know whether AEL is showing a ListItem containing categories/launchers or ROMs. The idea is that the view dynamically adapts the look depending on the contents. This is an WIP experimental feature. Send a PM to Rufoo if have further questions.
(2017-02-01, 04:36)Vegeto_10 Wrote: [ -> ]And Video guide for ubuntu users for whole setup and install pls.

I'm not a big fan of videos... I don't think I will make one in the foreseeable future. AEL is a general launcher program, the possibilities you have are almost infinite. What is the application/emulator you want to configure?

Keep in mind that AEL is almost 100% compatible with old good Advanced Launcher, and there is a lot of tutorials about how to configure applications for AL you can use to configure AEL. Usually, the most difficult part of setting AEL is actually setting the emulator itself.