Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wintermute0110 Updated the addon and the AELviews (DEBUG view) for confluence, the collections are working now. The favorite flag don't appear. I have some broken and the flags appear on that, as on the skin that I'm modding. I' m testing this on wii roms Mame roms and Nintendo 64 on a standard emulator/launcher( I believe they are standard launchers).
(2017-02-05, 15:04)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Wintermute0110 Updated the addon and the AELviews (DEBUG view) for confluence, the collections are working now. The favorite flag don't appear. I have some broken and the flags appear on that, as on the skin that I'm modding. I' m testing this on wii roms Mame roms and Nintendo 64 on a standard emulator/launcher( I believe they are standard launchers).

Hi KODser. In a regular launcher In Favourite, Multidisc and NoIntro flags should be working OK. In Favourites, Favourite status should also be working OK. However, testing the correct behaviour of flags is tedious, as you have to test many different cases an options... tell me if you can find any such case (for example, in a ROM Collection flag XXX does not show...).

Also, you have now clearlogos in Categories, Launchers and ROM Collections (in the database). Editing of clearlogos is only working for Categories. Will finish full clearlogo support ASAP.
(2017-02-05, 15:25)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-05, 15:04)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Wintermute0110 Updated the addon and the AELviews (DEBUG view) for confluence, the collections are working now. The favorite flag don't appear. I have some broken and the flags appear on that, as on the skin that I'm modding. I' m testing this on wii roms Mame roms and Nintendo 64 on a standard emulator/launcher( I believe they are standard launchers).

Hi KODser. In a regular launcher In Favourite, Multidisc and NoIntro flags should be working OK. In Favourites, Favourite status should also be working OK. However, testing the correct behaviour of flags is tedious, as you have to test many different cases an options... tell me if you can find any such case (for example, in a ROM Collection flag XXX does not show...).

Also, you have now clearlogos in Categories, Launchers and ROM Collections (in the database). Editing of clearlogos is only working for Categories. Will finish full clearlogo support ASAP.
I found the problem. The flag AEL_InFav only works if the labels are enable (at least this one, the other new ones I can't test). I had everything disable because I only want to show flags. the fav_startus flags works well with the labels disable. There must be something wrong on the code. the whole point of using flags is not using "ugly" labels on titles. I could have tested it sooner. When I saw your images with the labels enable it clicked in my brain- "what if..."
Thanks for the clearlogos addition

Best regards
I downloaded all the nesesary artwork files, where do i put them? How ael knows where they are? And finally how ael gets the game info data if it scrapes offline? Thanks in advance, i have 6000 roms and all the artwork and would like some instructions on how to set it up
Crashes using latest jarvis, why?
No support on this addon it seems
(2017-02-06, 22:48)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded all the nesesary artwork files, where do i put them? How ael knows where they are?

When you create a new ROM launcher AEL asks (among other things) for the asset/artwork directory. When you finish the launcher configuration, AEL creates inside the assets/artwork directory the following subdirectories: /titles/, /snaps/, /boxfront/, etc. Then, you copy your artwork in there and use the ROM scanner. Make sure you also have the correct ROM scanner settings in the addon settings window. Defaults are fine to pick locally available artwork.

(2017-02-06, 22:48)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]And finally how ael gets the game info data if it scrapes offline? Thanks in advance, i have 6000 roms and all the artwork and would like some instructions on how to set it up

AEL includes a database with all the necessary information. The offline scraper is very fast compared with online scrapers, and when I say very fast I mean 100 times faster. Keep in mind that the offline scraper is in development and currently AEL only ships databases for some platforms, for testing.

(2017-02-07, 05:00)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]Crashes using latest jarvis, why?

I don't know... please provide more information about the problem: a) Kodi version, AEL version, platform and emulator you are running, b) Be descriptive about when and how the crash happens: "I have create a ROM laucher. If i do xxxx then AEL crashes", c) Provide a debug LOG as indicated in the first post of this thread.
Thanks, now i get error extracting mame xml
Error everytime when pointing to the mame assets folder,
Did everyting on this forum, does not scrape game info, only snaps show, nothing like the pictures shown here, spent 3 days trying, what im doing wrong? Placed the folder mentioned inside the kodi app, worked, but it scrapes all wrong, no game info and scrapes all wrong, just one picture i guess flyers and thats it!
Offline mame is very dificult with this addon Waisted to manyhours an days
@xavier00 Please stop trolling Advanced Emulator Launcher and ROM Collection Browser threads! Why you post exactly the same post on both threads? AEL and RCB are different addons and the usage is quite different (although both serve the same purpose).

I gave you instructions about how to report your problem but you haven't followed them. You didn't provide any meaningful information about your setup and most importantly, you didn't provide a debug log. I have not divinatory powers so if you don't let me help you I can't provide any help. How can I know what it causing the crash?

Finally, there is no need to extract any XML in AEL! Offline scrapers in AEL work out of the box and particularly for MAME. Are you confusing Advanced MAME Launcher with Advanced Emulator Launcher?
(2017-02-07, 05:01)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]No support on this addon it seems

(2017-02-08, 02:54)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]Offline mame is very dificult with this addon Waisted to manyhours an days

Don't be an ass. People help out here out of their own free will and aren't here to instantly gratify others. AEL and AML work fine for literally thousands of users. If you find you're not getting the answers you want, consider asking more meaningful questions. Spamming threads with your frustrations will only lead to you being reported and if you have to make multiple comments in succession, edit your last message rather than constantly creating new ones.

Now with that said, did you have a question?
I just want to thank Wintermute0110 for this program. I've been tinkering with RCB and AL for awhile now and after trying AEL out on a fresh kodi 16 it was amazing how easy it was.
I have only tried this on my kubuntu 16.10 pc so far but I will be testing it out soon on my little libreelec mini mx box as soon as that beautiful new skin Rufoo is working on is ready.
I am checking here every few hours hoping for a release of the skin and for the ubuntu ppa to update from kodi 16 to 17!
Thanks again for your hard work!
i got a question

is it somehow possible to get the add rom function out off the context menu in a sub menu on the home screen

each console has his own button

in other words what is the command that is given while pressing the add rom button Smile