Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-04, 04:34)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]@wintermute. Do you think platform selection will be improved? It will be nice to have a pop up menu for selecting the platform so you dont have to go back to emulators root to select another. Dont know, maybe pressing back button to bring a menu. Or use the side standard kodi menu to have this.

I am not sure what you mean... when you said "platform" you mean Launcher? Can you please elaborate a bit?

Also, the side menu where you select the view is generated by the skin. Python plugins cannot access the side menu at all, only create context menus.
(2017-03-04, 12:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-04, 00:08)sabotendar_kun Wrote: [ -> ]I use the rocketlauncher + AEL to run my emulators with ZERO problems but exist a easy way to add offline scrappers without edit command lines? And exist any way to AEL reconize Rocketlauncher XML lists? Here the link below of a XML

Sony Playstation 2 XML

Thanks again.

AEL Offline scraper XML databases are compatible with HyperList XMLs. The Offline scraper is still in development and currently not all platforms have a database. You can see the most up-to-date list here.

If you want to add custom platforms you have to edit scrap_info.py. First, add the new platform at the end of the platform list AEL_platform_list. Then, add the filename of the database (you can place any HyperList XML file and it will work) in the platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML dictionary. The platform name you write in AEL_platform_list must match the name in platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML and must be different to any existing platforms. Finally, place the XML database in PLUGIN_DATA_DIR/resources/data/GameDBInfo.

If you desperately want to add custom platforms to AEL in an easy way to use HyperSpin XML lists I can add a new feature so you will edit an XML file like this:

Code:
<AEL_custom_platforms>
<platform name="AAE">E:\HyperList\AAE.xml</platform>
</AEL_custom_platforms>

However... currently the format of AEL Offline's scraper is the same as HyperList but I'm not sure what will happen in the future.

The problem is if AEL receive a update? I have to edit scrap_info.py again? I have about 62 systems what AEL dont have these offline scrapers so edit again on every update of AEL will be hard work Confused maybe you can create a option to point where is the scrapers in XML format and say to AEL to use these scrapers for a chosen system.

Quote:If you desperately want to add custom platforms to AEL in an easy way to use HyperSpin XML lists I can add a new feature so you will edit an XML file like this:

Code:
<AEL_custom_platforms>
<platform name="AAE">E:\HyperList\AAE.xml</platform>
</AEL_custom_platforms>

This can be a very good option Wink
(2017-03-04, 13:23)sabotendar_kun Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is if AEL receive a update? I have to edit scrap_info.py again? I have about 62 systems what AEL dont have these offline scrapers so edit again on every update of AEL will be hard work Confused maybe you can create a option to point where is the scrapers in XML format and say to AEL to use these scrapers for a chosen system.

Yes, if you receive an update you will have to modify the code again. However, AEL is not on the official Kodi repository and does not have automatic updates. So... unless you do it yourself the code you modify won't be overwritten.

HyperList focuses only on USA ROMs. Hence, HyperList XMLs are subsets of No-Intro or Redump DATs. AEL, on the other hand, includes (or will include) the complete No-Intro and Redump DATs in the online scraper. That is, AEL Sega Genesis platform will include all of the games in HyperList Sega Genesis games and more.

Also, HyperList includes many subsets of MAME: AAE, Capcom games, Sega Games, Namco games, etc. AEL's MAME database includes all MAME games, including parents/clones and also no-coin machines (former MESS machines) so you can select MAME as the platform and the offline scraper will work for those sublists. I also believe Final Burn is compatible with MAME names, but I have not checked myself.

(2017-03-04, 13:23)sabotendar_kun Wrote: [ -> ]This can be a very good option Wink

OK, will think about it.
(2017-03-04, 14:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-04, 13:23)sabotendar_kun Wrote: [ -> ][quote='sabotendar_kun' pid='2540887' dateline='1488626584']
This can be a very good option Wink

OK, will think about it.

Here my problem Big Grin
(2017-03-01, 18:27)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]I have added a new view for AEL in Confluence AEL mod. Installation information on the second post. Only for Kodi Krypton.

Love this view. Just 1 question

Is it supposed to play trailers in the rom list view? It plays them in the AEL matrix view but nothing started in the other views,
(2017-03-05, 13:37)foleyjo Wrote: [ -> ]Love this view. Just 1 question

Is it supposed to play trailers in the rom list view? It plays them in the AEL matrix view but nothing started in the other views,

AEL Matrix view plays trailers but ROM List view does not support trailers.
New AEL release 0.9.6-beta1

Release notes

New AEL's version fully loaded with a lot of features. Some of them are:

1) Full support for Kodi Retroplayer.

2) New platforms added.

3) Categories/Launchers support clearlogos.

4) Launching mechanism has been rewritten and updated. As a bonus, the emulator output can be recorded (option not available on Windows). This is very useful to check for errors.

5) New metadata fields ESRB rating and Number of Players.

6) Support for multidisc ROM sets.

7) No-Intro audit of launcher has been improved. A new Parent/Clone view mode is available with some ideas taken from Advanced MAME Launcher.

8) Number of ROMs are printed in ROM launchers.

Import/Export of launcher configurations

In AEL settings "I/O" tab two options for importing/exporting launcher configuration have been added. "Export launcher configuration ..." will save all your launchers into a human-readable XML file. This file can be reimported later and used as a backup.

Another use of the "Import launcher configuration" feature is to share emulator configurations among users. A typical launcher configuration file looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
  <category>Nintendo</category>
  <name>Nintendo DS (Retroarch)</name>
  <platform>Nintendo DS</platform>
  <application>/home/kodi/bin/retroarch</application>
  <args>-L /home/kodi/bin/libretro/desmume_libretro.so -f -v &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
  <romext>nds</romext>
  <rompath>/home/kodi/AEL-ROMs/nintendo-ds/</rompath>
  <path_assets>/home/kodi/AEL-assets/nintendo-ds</path_assets>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>

I have updated AEL's wiki and AEL-asset-library to include configurations for a lot of platforms on Linux. I expect the community to contribute configurations for other emulators/operating systems so AEL setup process will be as easy as possible.

Upgrade from previous version of AEL

1) After upgrading to 0.9.6-beta1 go to AEL settings >> IO tab and execute "Check/Update all databases ...". If you don't do this AEL will crash constantly.

2) Some platform names have changed. Obsolete platform names will be changed to Unknown. If the scrapers are not searching well go to Edit Launcher context menu and change the platform to a new one.

3) Because a lot of things have changed I have decided to release 0.9.6-beta1 before the definitive 0.9.6 release. No new features will be added to AEL for a while, just bug fixes. 0.9.6 will be the last version compatible with Jarvis. 0.9.7 and up will be compatible with Krypton only.

Notes to skinners

1) No-Intro "Added" flag value has been removed. A complete up-to-date list of properties is here. AEL does not set AEL_PCLONE_STAT_LABEL yet.

2) Platform names have changed. Some new names are just aliases of previous names. If your skin relies on platforms names check that. Official platform names can be found here.

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.6-beta1 | 5 March 2017

FEATURE Import and Export of Launchers configurations. Will be very useful especially for Android users.

FEATURE Use a Window property to let skins know wheter a launcher OR ROMs are being rendered.

FEATURE Use setProperty() to inform the skin about ROM flags:

FEATURE Add Retroplayer support. See https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.../issues/33

FEATURE New menu for the virtual launchers [Browse by ...]

FEATURE New virtual launchers [Browse by ESRB Rating] and Browse by [Number of Players].

FEATURE Added new platforms Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U, PSX 3 and PSX 4.

FEATURE Clearlogos in Categories, Launchers and ROM Collections.

FEATURE Edit clearlogos in Categories.

FEATURE Edit clearlogos in Launchers.

FEATURE Edit clearlogos in ROM Collections.

FEATURE Default to launcher icon if ROM icon is missing. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2500040

FEATURE Update launching mechanism. User Python subprocess module on all platforms and not the deprecated os.system().

FEATURE Log emulator/standalone launcher stdout/stderr into a file. Requires new launching mechanism based on subprocess module. Have a look to AML for an implementation.

FEATURE Add nplayers metadata field to ROMs. Billyc999 database has nplayers NFO.

FEATURE Edit nplayers in ROMs.

FEATURE Add ESRB/MPAA/PEGI rating? >> User ESRB, new metadata field esrb in ROMs.

FEATURE Edit ESRB in ROMs.

FEATURE Support for multidisc systems. Have a look to NOTES.md for more details about the AEL implementation.

FEATURE Delete ROM context menu integrated in Edit ROM.

FEATURE Display number of ROMs in launcher.

FEATURE Platform icons/clearlogos in AEL. Platform icons can be an icon of the console or gamepad. EmulationStation has a lot of material that can be reused for AEL.

FEATURE Improved No-Intro audit.

FEATURE Remove No-Intro Added status.

FEATURE New style Parent/Clone launchers, ala Advanced MAME Launcher.

FEATURE Print number of parent and clones in PClone launchers.

FEATURE Split Launcher report into statistics, metadata and asset reports.

FEATURE Include databases for all supported platforms in AEL offline scraper (well... at least included more databases).

FEATURE Updated Offline scraper MAME database from 0.173 to 0.183.

FIX Fixed crash when editing Collection ROM position.

FIX Keep order when Collection ROM is relinked.
Turned my pc off just before this was posted. Now want to turn it back on and try the latest version
Busy getting android retroarch launcher configs ready for 0.9.6. Join in guys and add your systems.[quote]
Great stuff Wintermute0110. Tomorrow I will test this version

Keep up the good work
(2017-03-04, 12:26)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-04, 04:34)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]@wintermute. Do you think platform selection will be improved? It will be nice to have a pop up menu for selecting the platform so you dont have to go back to emulators root to select another. Dont know, maybe pressing back button to bring a menu. Or use the side standard kodi menu to have this.

I am not sure what you mean... when you said "platform" you mean Launcher? Can you please elaborate a bit?

Also, the side menu where you select the view is generated by the skin. Python plugins cannot access the side menu at all, only create context menus.

Hi, well, for example, RCB has a pop up menu where you can select different emulators, you can see here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9Sna_zHH3AU/maxresdefault.jpg

When you press up or down the emulators list shows on top, then you dont have to go back to the previous folder to select another emulator.
(2017-03-06, 13:19)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, well, for example, RCB has a pop up menu where you can select different emulators, you can see here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9Sna_zHH3AU/maxresdefault.jpg

When you press up or down the emulators list shows on top, then you dont have to go back to the previous folder to select another emulator.

OK, I see what you mean now. Thing is, what you want is a global filter where you can apply several metadata fields at the same time and that applies to all ROMs in all launchers. If I do that then AEL will become slow like RCB and Advanced Launcher. Have you tried RCB or AL with a mid-size collection of say 5,000 ROMs (counting all ROMs in all launchers)? Then you know what I'm talking about.

To compensate for not having this global filter feature AEL includes the virtual launchers, which are precomputed filters for optimum access speed. In addition, the Favourites and Collections can be seen as personalised, hand-made filters.
Great update Wintermute, not had time to test yet as i have quite a bit of work on but from the post..looks like you have added some great features.

i agree the RCB route would be a bad idea, i remeber it been very slugish it also made the gui look and feel ugly, the speed of AEL is great, so a good looking launcher selection screen should be all thats needed & im sure Rufoo will of thought of this
Hi, I was talking about emulators selector (n64, snes, genesis, etc) pop up menu, no matter on which place of ael we are, so we dont have to go back to root ael menu to select another emulator.

Filters are not necessary I think.

But if that will made ael slower, then it s not good. And yes, rbc is slower.

My idea was for get better ael menu navigation, I mean ie, when navigating ie snes roms, press "Y" and a menu will let you select another platforrm (n64, nes or whatever).

In resume, shortcuts, not filters Big Grin Big Grin
Hi Wintermute0110, about the new metadata-> nplayers and ESRB Rating just update the database will fill this new metadata or do I need to scrape again, because these two are empty in all games with an database update done

about the rating it only will be ESRB Rating (its the only one that I can edit) or it would be more? you talked about MPAA and PEGI rating on the post but I can't find them on the rom data