Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-22, 23:18)sagrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-22, 22:27)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-22, 22:24)sagrath Wrote: [ -> ]Because it´s a Pc Games, not roms. I know, I can create a rom collection for pc games, but, I can´t insert this inside Pc Games category.
If they are standalone launchers then create lnk files so you will convert the standalone launchers into ROMs. Then you will have access to collections. Also, it's much easier and quicker to create a lnk file than a standalone launcher i think.

Tis is good to know!
But, If I use .lnk as a "rom", what "laucher" I must use? explorer.exe? Works?
AEL allows to create an special LNK launcher. You won't be asked for a launcher application
(2017-03-21, 02:02)Roxxas21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-17, 15:47)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-16, 21:48)blinken Wrote: [ -> ]-f -g launch commands worked. I tried them before to no avail. I literally spent an hour trying to get those commands to work. They worked today for some reason. Can't explain it but it must be my fault... Thanks for the help.

Great it worked Big Grin I know sometimes is tricky to configure AEL... some quotes missing and nothing works, etc.

OK, now that you got it working, if you are using 0.9.6-beta1 then go to AEL settings >> IO tab >> "Export launcher configuration ..." This will save an XML file with the configuration of all your launchers. Copy and paste the <launcher> section for CEmu on Windows and post it here so I can add it to the AEL asset library so other users can configure CEmu quickly.

Code:
-<launcher>

<name>Nintendo WII U</name>

<category>Emuladores</category>

<year>2012</year>

<genre/>

<studio>Nintendo</studio>

<rating/>

<plot>Discover an exciting new way to enjoy home entertainment with Wii U, Nintendo's next home console. With a revolutionary new touch screen controller, precision motion controls, and full HD graphics, a whole new world of play styles and gaming possibilities is on the horizon. The time is coming to truly expand your idea about what a game console is - and can be.</plot>

<platform>Nintendo Wii U</platform>

<application>E:\Kodi\Emuladores\Cemu\Cemu_cracked.exe</application>

<args>/high -f -g "%rom%"</args>

<args_extra/>

<rompath>D:\Games-Emulados\WIIU\ROM\</rompath>

<romext>wud|rpx|WUD|RPX</romext>

<path_assets>D:\Games-Emulados\WIIU\MEDIA</path_assets>

</launcher>

Added xbox 360 config.

Code:
-<launcher>

<name>Xbox 360</name>

<year>2005</year>

<genre/>

<studio>Microsoft Game Studios</studio>

<rating/>

<plot>Xbox 360 puts you at the center of the most exciting games and entertainment experiences on earth. Xbox 360 not only has the best, highest-rated games, and the most robust title library, but it also offers access to the industry-leading Xbox LIVE service and tailored digital entertainment experiences that revolve around you.</plot>

<platform>Microsoft Xbox 360</platform>

<application>E:\Kodi\Emuladores\Xenia\xenia.exe</application>

<args>--fullscreen --gpu=gl4 "%rom%"</args>

<args_extra/>

<rompath>E:\Kodi\Games\Xbox 360\ROM\</rompath>

<romext>xex|XEX</romext>

<path_assets>E:\Kodi\Games\Xbox 360\MEDIA</path_assets>

</launcher>

@Wintermute0110 Added the rpcs3 emulator but no fullscreen mode as it is not implemented yet:

Quote:<launcher>

<name>Sony Playstation 3</name>

<year>2006</year>

<genre/>

<studio>SCEI/SCEA</studio>

<rating/>

<plot>The Playstation 3 computer entertainment system unleashes a brilliant, high-definition entertainment experience. Featuring the powerful Cell Broadband Engine, Playstation 3 delivers an experience beyond anything you know today. With a built-in Blu-Ray Disc drive, Playstation 3 system invites you to high-definition graphics and digital entertainment. Whether it's high-definition gaming, Blu-ray movies, music or online service, Playstation 3 invites you to Play Beyond.</plot>

<platform>Sony PlayStation 3</platform>

<application>E:\Kodi\Emuladores\rpcs3\rpcs3.exe</application>

<args>"%rom%"</args>

<args_extra/>

<rompath>D:\Games-Emulados\PS3\ROM\</rompath>

<romext>bin|BIN</romext>

<path_assets>D:\Games-Emulados\PS3\MEDIA</path_assets>

</launcher>
@blinken @Roxxas21 Thanks for your contributions, I will add then to the AEL asset library ASAP.

Also, currently there are no icon/fanart/poster/clearlogo for PS3, PS Vita, Wii and Wii U. If you have artwork for those in your setup please upload to imgur or similar and I will incorporate to the AEL asset library.
(2017-03-23, 14:54)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]@blinken @Roxxas21 Thanks for your contributions, I will add then to the AEL asset library ASAP.

Also, currently there are no icon/fanart/poster/clearlogo for PS3, PS Vita, Wii and Wii U. If you have artwork for those in your setup please upload to imgur or similar and I will incorporate to the AEL asset library.

I don't have the PS Vita arts because there's no emulator yet, but i have the arts for the PS3/Wii/WII U/3DS, if i remember well i have downloaded the PS3 and Wii art from your asset library, anyway: http://imgur.com/a/oPWA4 Also if there's any other console emulation that needs to be added just send a message, i think my config is pretty much complete here.
(2017-03-22, 23:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]AEL allows to create an special LNK launcher. You won't be asked for a launcher application

Ohh, it´s right on front of my face!!! Rofl
That´s good.. work done.

But, I want to continue to my request to allow create a category inside category Big Grin

But, just a small request.
The addon is VERY VERY awesome Big Grin

I use a lot of customs .bat to launch my games and suspend kodi to save resources from my machine, this way I can launch Retroarch, SSF (sega saturn emulator) all .bat is converted to .exe.

If someone has lag to play some retrogames in modests machine, I can help explain how I proceed to use pssuspend in .bat files.

And another question:

When I create a launcher or category, from where AEL seeks the artwork?
Because when I create a category, it came to blank fanarts and thumb, I need to put manually.
Ther some way to auto seek the arts for category? Like happen to arts for roms?

Thanks in advice
@sagrath are you using Kodi Krypton? I had performance issues and had to use bat files before I upgraded. Also you could try Retroplayer rather than retroarch. It's the retroarch cores but the game runs in kodi.
(2017-03-24, 22:01)foleyjo Wrote: [ -> ]@sagrath are you using Kodi Krypton? I had performance issues and had to use bat files before I upgraded. Also you could try Retroplayer rather than retroarch. It's the retroarch cores but the game runs in kodi.

Yes I use Krypton...
(2017-03-24, 18:26)sagrath Wrote: [ -> ]...
But, I want to continue to my request to allow create a category inside category Big Grin
I use a lot of customs .bat to launch my games and suspend kodi to save resources from my machine, this way I can launch Retroarch, SSF (sega saturn emulator) all .bat is converted to .exe.

Having sub-categories is of course possible, but will complicate the addon code (which already is quite complicated) a lot.

You can create a BAT or CMD file ROM launcher so your BAT files will behave as ROMs. As the launcher program use start.exe (I'm not sure where is it exactly located, probably c:\Windows\start.exe). Using start.exe you can also launch EXE files I believe.

If you need modifications in AEL (for example, in Windows have the option to create a BAT/CMD/EXE launcher in the same way as a LNK launcher so no launcher application will be asked) that's something straightforward to do.

(2017-03-24, 18:26)sagrath Wrote: [ -> ]When I create a launcher or category, from where AEL seeks the artwork?
Because when I create a category, it came to blank fanarts and thumb, I need to put manually.
Ther some way to auto seek the arts for category? Like happen to arts for roms?

For Categories/Launchers AEL does not set the default artwork. It's long to explain but it will be complicated to add this option due to AEL's design (and it is related to the fact that stored artwork files have a unique fingerprint ID in the file name to allow having categories/launchers with the same filename but different assets). Currently you have a couple of options for setting the artwork:

1) Download the AEL Asset Library and place in a path that can be quickly found by Kodi. For example, in Linux systems if you place it in /home/kodi/AEL-asset-library/ where kodi is the user name then you can access the artwork of the library quickly because Kodi in Linux includes a link to the user home directory in the file open dialog. Something similar should be available on Windows.

2) You can export you launcher configuration to an XML file. Then, you can edit the XML file and include the artwork and import the edited launcher XML configuration to update AEL's database.

Currently AEL supports the following files when importing launchers: name, year, genre, studio, rating, plot, platform, application, args, args_extra, rompath, romext, and path_assets. I can code support for launcher icon, fanart, banner, flyer, clearlogo and trailer if you wish.
Hi wintermute just got a new unicode error.

Code:
15:53:35.778 T:140095380027136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 76: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 293, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_run_rom(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0], args['romID'][0])
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 6373, in _command_run_rom
                                                self._run_process(application.getPath(), arguments, apppath, romext)
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 6388, in _run_process
                                                arg_list  = shlex.split(arguments)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py", line 275, in split
                                                lex = shlex(s, posix=posix)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py", line 25, in __init__
                                                instream = StringIO(instream)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 76: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@wintermute - In the release notes for version 0.9.6-beta1 it mentions support for multi disk. Is there any information on how this works? I imported some PS1 roms and the multidisk games imported each disk separately.
Hi,

I'm trying the following:

Code:
<application>/system/bin/am</application>
  <args>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.nvidia.tegrazone3/com.nvidia.grid.UnifiedLaunchActivity -d nvidia://stream/target/2/$(sed -n 2p %rom%)</args>

This is not working, because the sed command is delivered as string.
Is a something like sed command in argument possible?

It's importent for me to dynamically [/code]read the second line of the file to parsing the correct game id
Hey!

Very nice Addon - i love it!!!

But i have some certain problems with some Windows Games. The games normally need to be started with administrative privileges... Within Kodi and AEL it's not possible to start (Ori and the blind forest, axiom verge...)

Does anyone know how to fix this?[/code]

Here's my error log:

Code:
21:21:03.237 T:7108   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Error 740] Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erh�� Rechte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 295, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_run_standalone_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
                                              File "C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 6120, in _command_run_standalone_launcher
                                                self._run_process(application.getPath(), arguments, application.getDir(), app_ext)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 6454, in _run_process
                                                retcode = subprocess.call(exec_list, cwd = apppath.encode('utf-8'), close_fds = True, startupinfo = info)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 522, in call
                                                return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
                                                errread, errwrite)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
                                                startupinfo)
                                            WindowsError: [Error 740] Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erh�� Rechte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I managed myself....

For all of you having problems. You have do go under properties of the .exe file and then compatibility. Then uncheck always run as administrator. That will do the trick !
Hi and thanks for the addon it is great.

I love the look with the Arctic Zephyr theme.

I just have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer to:

1-.Is there a way to force a re-scrub on a rom collection without the need to remove all roms and adding them again. Like lets say I want to do an automatic scrub on all my roms using one provider, but then I want to repeat the scrub with a different provider and semi automatic ?

2- How or what view do I need to use so I can show the video snaps ( or trailers ). I have the files and they show up in the assets of the rom. But I see no place they get played ( Is mp4 ok )

3- When it comes to mame. How do I scrub the roms there for good info. Can I use Advance Mame launcher for scrubbing and then just adding the roms with scrubbed data to AEL.

Thank you in advance again Smile
@vikerr As far as I can tell videos are not supported on any theme in Krypton yet.
For mame roms use the offline scraper for meta data as it gives the correct names and is very fast.