Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gave up. Went back to the other rom program. Maybe one if his next releases will fix it somehow. Doesn't work in windows or ubuntu when scanning wii files.
(2017-03-19, 23:51)Darksmile Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

When I use AEL in Kodi Krypton, the game is launched and I can play but Kodi remains active: my movements with the Gamepad, in game, act on the menu of Kodi !!!
Others games are launched, or movies...
I want to use AEL but i can't do it like that Sad
Could you help me plz ?

I use Xbox One Gamepad ans aeon nox theme. Sorry for my english, i m french.

Thanks

I've got exactly the same problem with lnk ( shortuts to my pc games)
Anyway , No problem with retroarch, only with lnk pc games shortcut)

idea to fix that ?!
(2017-07-30, 16:08)elementalwindx Wrote: [ -> ]I gave up. Went back to the other rom program. Maybe one if his next releases will fix it somehow. Doesn't work in windows or ubuntu when scanning wii files.

You were told how to properly report you issues with AEL and you simply don't listen. Have you read the instructions on the first post? Is there something there you don't understand?
(2017-07-31, 01:30)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got exactly the same problem with lnk ( shortuts to my pc games)

idea to fix that ?!

Try the following and report back:

1) Increase the pause before launching the application: Go to AEL addon settings, "Advanced" tab, and increase or decrease the "After/before launch delay (ms)" time.

2) Put Kodi in windowed mode before launching: go to your LNK ROM launcher, open the context menu, "Edit Launcher", "Advanced Modifications", then turn ON "Toggle Kodi into Windowed mode"

First try 1), if doesn't work try 2), if doesn't work try both and report result back.
They need to make it so you can opt in to send these logs automatically to the addon developer. Like the first time an error appears perhaps. I just don't have the time to play "chase the bug" is all.
(2017-07-31, 06:43)elementalwindx Wrote: [ -> ]They need to make it so you can opt in to send these logs automatically to the addon developer. Like the first time an error appears perhaps. I just don't have the time to play "chase the bug" is all.

That's the reason why the addon "Kodi Logfile Uploader" by Ronie exists so I don't see why I should include in AEL a feature that is readily available in another addon. And by the way, the use of the "Kodi Logfile Uploader" addon is recommended in this thread first post.

"I just don't have the time to play to "chase the bug" is all": absolutely fine. Then don't come here crying.
(2017-07-31, 05:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 01:30)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got exactly the same problem with lnk ( shortuts to my pc games)

idea to fix that ?!

1) Increase the pause before launching the application: Go to AEL addon settings, "Advanced" tab, and increase or decrease the "After/before launch delay (ms)" time.

2) Put Kodi in windowed mode before launching: go to your LNK ROM launcher, open the context menu, "Edit Launcher", "Advanced Modifications", then turn ON "Toggle Kodi into Windowed mode"

First try 1), if doesn't work try 2), if doesn't work try both and report result back.

Just try both this morning.
I had considerably incarced to delay (4000)

Same problem with the two solution.
Thx for trying to help ! Wink
Hello!

Could someone help me to make a launcher for linux navigation program called navit in ael? I don't know which platform to choose for a linux program, the option "unknown" doesn't work in this case.
(2017-08-03, 11:58)Pahapaavali Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Could someone help me to make a launcher for linux navigation program called navit in ael? I don't know which platform to choose for a linux program, the option "unknown" doesn't work in this case.

Can you please elaborate? To launch navit I guess you need to create an Standalone Launcher. Setting the platform to "Unknown" should be OK.
(2017-07-31, 09:29)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 05:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

idea to fix that ?!

Any other idea to fix the problem ?
(2017-08-03, 14:25)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 09:29)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 05:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the following and report back:

Any other idea to fix the problem ?

What kind of controller are you using? Maybe using a different set of drivers for the controller will solve the problem.

Another option is to use a wrapper script that closes Kodi, launchs the game, and when the game finishes then launches Kodi back. Search the forum, there are many examples about how to do that.
(2017-08-03, 13:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you please elaborate? To launch navit I guess you need to create an Standalone Launcher. Setting the platform to "Unknown" should be OK.

Yes I created an Standalone Launcher and the platform as "Unknown". But when I start the navit-launcher, it doesn't do anything in "front", something happens in background because if I try to launch or do something else with ael, it says there is a launcher already running. Sorry, not a native speaker so my writing is all over the place Smile

EDIT:
some errors in the kodi.log

18:28:07.890 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() categoryID root_category
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() launcherID 21707dc21b6bbe42db1299b82b6dbe80
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() application "/usr/bin/navit"
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() apppath "/usr/bin"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() app_basename "navit"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() app_ext ""
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() launcher name "navit"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() raw arguments ""
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() final arguments ""
(2017-07-31, 01:30)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

When I use AEL in Kodi Krypton, the game is launched and I can play but Kodi remains active: my movements with the Gamepad, in game, act on the menu of Kodi !!!

I think thats an issue you can only get around currently by disabling joystick control in Kodi settings. I wanted to attempt to stop the same thing in my addon somehow but wasn't able to find a solution yet.

See here and here.
(2017-08-04, 02:55)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 01:30)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I think thats an issue you can only get around currently by disabling joystick control in Kodi settings. I wanted to attempt to stop the same thing in my addon somehow but wasn't able to find a solution yet.

See here and here.

Thanks a lot for your inputs Zach.

Is this problem present only on Windows or also in other platforms?

I can implement disabling the joystick before launching/resuming after launched app finishes using JSON RPC in AEL but... because of the bug in your second link Kodi will crash?
(2017-08-03, 17:23)Pahapaavali Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-03, 13:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I created an Standalone Launcher and the platform as "Unknown". But when I start the navit-launcher, it doesn't do anything in "front", something happens in background because if I try to launch or do something else with ael, it says there is a launcher already running. Sorry, not a native speaker so my writing is all over the place Smile

EDIT:
some errors in the kodi.log

18:28:07.890 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() categoryID root_category
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() launcherID 21707dc21b6bbe42db1299b82b6dbe80
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() application "/usr/bin/navit"
18:28:07.891 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() apppath "/usr/bin"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() app_basename "navit"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() app_ext ""
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() launcher name "navit"
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() raw arguments ""
18:28:07.892 T:1476654000 ERROR: AEL INFO : _run_standalone_launcher() final arguments ""

That stuff you see in the log are actually not errors. It is long to explain but in order to AEL to print to the log the ERROR debug level must be activated.

If AEL prints a message like there is another instance running it is because the process navit is running. By design AEL will refuse to launch a second process until the first one has not finished. If you don't see the navit window maybe the process is running in the background. If you open a terminal and run "/usr/bin/navit" do you see a window showing up? Keep in mind that AEL is designed to run processes that create a window to run on the foreground and will not work properly with background processes or daemons.