Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Fails to Play Trailers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Windows 10 Pro (64bit) and Kodi 17.0 Krypton Beta 1.

Hey guys, as the title states I am unable to play trailers of my movies - on the information of any movie there is a "trailer" button but its isnt working.
I have checked the source and it says YouTube is enabled for trailers but still nothing, It says to check the log for error so here: http://pastebin.com/01DW7Vx8

Thanks Smile
Right away I noticed 3 banned add-ons. This will get deleted very shortly.
(2016-08-23, 14:08)huizingajm Wrote: [ -> ]Right away I noticed 3 banned add-ons. This will get deleted very shortly.

Which? I have no addons installed! I was told to remove 1channel and I did Sad
:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.tknorris.release
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.lambda
(2016-08-23, 14:18)huizingajm Wrote: [ -> ]:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.tknorris.release
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
19:43:36 T:7720 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.lambda

Yea, just noticed it! Its "XBMCONNECT" so didn't see the "XBMCHUB" and now it's removed - feeling stupid now Sad

Proof and new log: http://pastebin.com/HxRSUcqb
Just a quick check, but did you still encountered the same issues after removing the addons and repositories ? They are known for breaking your kodi setup. Furthermore, I can't find anything in the log suggesting that your tried opening a stream whereas I could in the old log
(2016-08-23, 14:24)Miss_80 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick check, but did you still encountered the same issues after removing the addons and repositories ? They are known for breaking your kodi setup. Furthermore, I can't find anything in the log suggesting that your tried opening a stream whereas I could in the old log

To be honest, the addons were not being used, they were very outdated and even disabled. I updated the Kodi to the latest beta version keeping my settings etc and this happens.
I removed the addons now and its still doing the same thing. Maybe a clean fresh install?
Sometimes installing those addons / repositories can break your setup. I also read somewhere that upgrading to Krypton while using a different skin than confluence can cause issues. You might indeed want to try a clean install with just YouTube and then see if you can open a trailer
Em, its getting frustrating now, I uninstalled and deleted my whole settings in teh appdata/roaming folder and did a whole clean fresh install. I open up Kodi and pressed the trailer button on a random movie I have, it said I need YouTube plugin this time as I deleted it all before, so I installed and then it proceeded to open the trailer as before but then failed.

here is the log from the fresh try/install: http://pastebin.com/6V29PJnY

It could be just a problem with the latest beta version?
Not sure. Did you read the youtube thread? They might be able to assist
(2016-08-23, 15:19)Miss_80 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure. Did you read the youtube thread? They might be able to assist

lol seems the problem is solved then -> Please Note that Our plugin does not current work very well with Kodi 17 v. Krypton

Oh well, thanks so much for the help anyways, will just have to wait for it to be updated Smile