Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keymap action for video stream switching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...is there any? Can't find something here - but I guess it's too early for documentation as this is a v17 feature.
Would be useful for multi-angle concert DVDs.

Also another keymap question, how to add long-press function to a key combination (e.g. shift+up)?
up mod="shift,longpress" doesn't work.
bump?
As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this via keymap. I might be wrong on that. I looked a while back when I last updated the default keymap, because I wanted to add it, and I couldn't find anything that did it for an Action ID or a built-in.
In 16.1 i saw that long press is tied to a [mod] key can't remember where i saw it if it was keyboard or remote.xml i was looking for something else
host you sure about the command i think it was called something else but could be wrong
i am refering to the , in between shift and long, i could be mixing stuff up so ill look your prob right about the , i just do not remember seeing it
This is from keyboard.xml 16.1
Long presses
<!-- A limitation is that if a single press is mapped in a section, a global "longpress"-->
<!-- will be ignored. The workaround is to duplicate the long mapping in the section.
You where right about the , mybad
Not sure if this works some Team kodi can prob verify
<up mod="shift">what ever</up>
The ctrl up mod is bound in the keyboard.xml to another function
but it looks like the <up mod="shift">what ever</up> shift is free to use so give it a try

but would be nice to get confirmation being left handed i use ctrl a lot but shift will do if my command is valid
Yea kodi 17 does not work with that command damn ohh well, that seems to be my exit call.
I have no idea why it refuses to use it.
Well i see the problem, but have no idea how to fix it ill leave it to the "profis"
@kimkl

It doesn't matter, because there's no command to put in there for this action.
I know i used a custom command, but its bound to side panel open (shift +up) (shift+down) close but up and down keys also perform that action so either shift is not registering and it just sees it as Up even when holding down shift or i have no idea."No reply required Big Grin"

okay that was nonsense because i did see longpress shift,ctrl was bound but think it was to subtitles or chapters what ever Big Grin okay not being very helpful, but at least it works on 16.1
My bad, longpress with key-combination works just fine on keyboard, the way I said in the first post (seperated by ",").
It doesn't work on my remote though (vrc-1100), that has some keys that send keyboard combos. I guess it's something with the repeat rate.