Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Concerts/Music Videos question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team,

On advise of another user, I am posting this question in this forum (also posted in the Aeon-Nox forum), as my query may not be Aeon-Nox specific.

I have started adding my music videos to Kodi, so I am quite new to this. I am using Kodi 16.1 and Aeon-Nox 5. Is there a way to have artwork for the albums? Or (even better) skip the albums altogether?

My directory structure (artist/album or event/songs) looks like this:

/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song1.mkv
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song1.nfo
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song1.jpg
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song2.mkv
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song2.nfo
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Clips/Song2.jpg
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song1.mkv
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song1.nfo
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song1.jpg
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song2.mkv
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song2.nfo
/Music_Videos/Artist1/Artist1 Live/Song2.jpg
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg

The .nfo files contain details on the .mkv file, including artist name, album (event), etc. Please note, I don't have anything in my Music library for the few albums/concerts that I am adding at this stage.

When I update the contents of the source, everything is there. When I go to the "Artists" sub-menu of the "Concerts" main menu, I get to see the artists, including their artwork (which I may have manually set via the Context menu). Selecting an artist will bring up a list of their albums. This is where I cannot get any artwork. It is basically a boring screen to which I haven't been able to add any artwork.

Alternatively (or: even better) would be to have a view whereby the artists and their albums are combined. I don't have many different albums per artist, so if there is a view where I could see entries like:

Artist1 Clips
Artist1 Live
Artist2 World Tour
Artist3 Rock around the world

...then that would be great.

Marc.
/Music Videos/
/Music Videos/Artist/
/Music Videos/Artist/VideoAlbum/
/Music Videos/Artist/VideoAlbum/poster.jpg
/Music Videos/Artist/VideoAlbum/fanart.jpg
/Music Videos/Artist/VideoAlbum/movie.nfo.
/Music Videos/Artist/VideoAlbum/movie.mkv

This works for me with concert DVD's where the video file (typically a concert or artist documentary) resides in a single video file. I don't deal with per song video files, only concerts / documentaries.
No/No.

You don't get any album art and if you go to artist it forces album grouping, though there is an "all albums" entry which will show all the artist's MVs regardless of the album. Not sure if you omit the album from your .nfo file though.

scott s.
(2016-08-24, 23:41)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]No/No.

You don't get any album art and if you go to artist it forces album grouping, though there is an "all albums" entry which will show all the artist's MVs regardless of the album. Not sure if you omit the album from your .nfo file though.

scott s.

Scott,

I am including the <album> tag in my NFO files. Are you suggesting I should try without?

Marc.
(2016-08-25, 13:07)1marc1 Wrote: [ -> ]Scott,

I am including the <album> tag in my NFO files. Are you suggesting I should try without?

Marc.

No. I have never tried it so don't know how Kodi deals with it. I will experiment later today and see.

scott s.
Music Videos takes the artist thumb and fanart from the music (audio) library. This is slightly flawed.
Ideally, a Music Video should be able to supply it's own artist thumb and fanart, with Kodi offering a fallback of using the Music (audio) library if no art is found in the Music Video structure. You could (at a push) make a similar case for the reverse - i.e. if there's dedicated artwork available in the appropriate Music or Video structure, use that, otherwise fall back to the other.

Why so? - because it's perfectly possible to have a Music Video by an artist without having any audio tracks for them, and thus currently, it's impossible to supply local artwork for this artist.