Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NPVR doesn't start when launching Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I update my kodi Krypton almost daily with the nightly build and this has been happening for the last several builds.

Also, I created a profile for myself so I have a "Master User" and "Tim" profile and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I did it about the same time this issue manifested but it could be coincidence.

Every time I launch Kodi and no matter the profile (I usually pick Master User) NextPVR doesn't start. I don't see the "TV" option with the channels, timers etc. I have to go to the "NextPVR PVR Client" Add-on settings and click the "Disable" button and then turn right around and click the "Enable" button and then when I go back I see it reading in the channels and shows and the "TV" option appears.

This happens every time I start Kodi.
Need a debug log, but I have seen the pvr wmc client dll fail to start and return an error 6. Kodi marks it disabled.

scott s.
I started a new log and launched Kodi, selected Master User and TV did not come up. I went to Add-ons and disabled NextPVR then Enabled it again and went back to the main menu and it was there again. I then chose to log off Master User and it locked up (another bug on a different thread). I had to launch Task Manager and kill the task. Here's a link to the log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1470148/kodi.2.log
Banned Add-ons

No help from here as long as your Kodi is contaminated with this crap
agreed. Can't help.

scott s.
I didn't even know there were banned addons! I'm surprised at some of them like TVAddons and Fusion, they seemed so polished and professional.

I'm just a novice and trying to get away from MS Media Center since it's not supported and Kodi seemed pretty nice.
It is pretty nice, but we maintain standards around piracy. No doubt Microsoft does around wmc too.