Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music fullsreen rating stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I just upgraded from Frodo to Jarvis. I am using Kodi mainly to play music. Previously I was able to rate any played song in fullscreen mode by pressing the "up" or "down"-key on my remote with its null to 5-star rating. Since the update it skips to the next or previous song, when I press one of those two buttons, like the skip buttons do. I am totally devastated. This used to be the best mediacenter ever. What has happened? This is a total desaster. Why did they destroy this? How is it possible to rate songs anymore? Please help! I don't wanna switch to another mediacenter, because this one used to be the greatest.
I am sorry you think Kodi is now destroyed.

But, they now have song rating increase/decrease assigned to pageup and pagedown keys. You can edit your keyboard keymap to change it if you like.

Please note in Krypton, user rating for songs is now in scale 0 - 10.

scott s.
It was changed as the keymaps between videos and music were inconsistent, so we thought it would be better for the user if your remote buttons do the same type of action no matter what type of playback music or video. When doing this we applied the same skip functions to up/down as videos have, as people with limited button remotes may not have dedicated skip buttons.

But well done on making a mountain out of a molehill for something that was logically done to benefit the majority of users, and which scott points out can easily be changed if not to your liking. You can even edit it in the gui with http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767
Thank you guys for this information.

I changed the keymap for my remote, and everything is great again. I was not aware of the fact, that ratings were assigned to Pg-up and -down keys.