Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scrolling & Skin & Strings (Bugs?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Smile

Not sure if these are bugs -or just me ^^ -maybe someone can confirm these problems

Kodi: 17.1 Beta (version which is provided by google play store beta)
Android: 6.0
Device: Samsung A 10.1 (2016)
Addons: Nothing -just the default Kodi App and Skin

Bugs(?)
---------------------
* Skin: Image/Gallery View/Mode: If I open a gallery there is no button/option to open the left menu to change, e.g, the view (compared to the movie view -there is a button "option" on the bottom left). It seems that I can open this menu with swifting from left to right (but I need several tries).
* The scrolling behaviour is sometimes weird -not sure how I should explain it - so I made a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFgXO7igK3s
* If I add a new network resource, the virtual keyboard provides the option/button "IP" -however- if I already entered something in the adress field -the IP ist just attached (so the strings are concatenated). I would expect that the old string is replaced.
* Virtual Keyboard: If I press the "delete" button too long then the virtual keyboard is closed....I would expect that just everything is deleted (of the already entered characters)

String errors (German)
---------------------
* Section Preferences: "Widergabe-Einstellungen" but it has to be "Wiedergabe-Einstellungen" -so just a typo
* Image/Gallery View/Mode: One of the available View-Modes (e.g. Wall) is called "Umschalttaste" -that does not make any sense -it means "shift key" (keyboard)

Please let me know if you need further descriptions or screenshots.

Thank you

Best regards,
Yu
(2016-08-28, 13:06)Yu Tendo Wrote: [ -> ]* Skin: Image/Gallery View/Mode: If I open a gallery there is no button/option to open the left menu to change, e.g, the view (compared to the movie view -there is a button "option" on the bottom left). It seems that I can open this menu with swifting from left to right (but I need several tries).
* The scrolling behaviour is sometimes weird -not sure how I should explain it - so I made a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFgXO7igK3s

This sounds like you're using the Estuary skin instead of Estouchy. Kodi doesn't currently switch automatically for touch screen devices, so touch screen users need to manually select Estouchy.

Quote:* If I add a new network resource, the virtual keyboard provides the option/button "IP" -however- if I already entered something in the adress field -the IP ist just attached (so the strings are concatenated). I would expect that the old string is replaced.

Yes, this is a bug in the sense that the behavior is wrong/unexpected. It's been like that for years, though.

Quote:* Virtual Keyboard: If I press the "delete" button too long then the virtual keyboard is closed....I would expect that just everything is deleted (of the already entered characters)

Not sure about that one. Even if you are using Estuary with a touch screen, I'm guessing it shouldn't be doing that.
Thank you for your reply -you were right -I used Estuary instead of Estouchy -but all of the mentioned problems still occur with Estouchy -especially the scrolling behavior.
Probably bugs then :)