Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logging level (mylogging.properties)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does modifying the "mylogging.properties" file and ensuring that "extra.txt" references that file effect the command line version (tinyMediaManagerCMD.exe) execution?

Was hoping to turn it down to INFO but everything I try doesn't not seem to effect the messages written to the console.

Thanks in advance for any help.
there is no mylogging.properties?!
(Although we have a logging file inside the tmm.jar, you should not edit this directly - always overwritten)

What do you want to archieve?
INFO logging barely display anything... so its not that useful at all, to see whats going on...
Just want to turn off DEBUG level logging for now.

I attempted to add an entry for "-Djava.util.logging.config.file=mylogging.properties" into the "extra.txt" file. The 'mylogging.properties' file that I included had the following lines in hopes of influencing the information output to STDOUT during TMM execution.

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
Almost 1 year to the day..
Completely forgot about this thread.

Basically, I was hoping to ONLY show 'INFO' and 'ERROR' class messages in the cmd line output. For now, wrapped in a BAT file and at completion, 'cat/type' output thru grep to limit what's displayed.

Thanks.
Well, we do not let the user customize the log settings any longer.
Because, we always received logfiles, where exactly the needed information was missing :p

But we could make an exception for CMD line TMM... not so bad idea Smile