Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD: Feature request for "in progress" state handling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a feature request for smarter / better handling of the "in progress" state.

Scenario 1
User starts a movie which is unwatched → movies is then still unwatched + in progress. User set's movie to watched (for whatever reasons, finished movie in other media center, watched it offline while travelling, ...).

Currently: movie is unwatched but still has "in progress" state.

Expected: as soon as an unwatched movie is set to "watched", the in progress state should be reset and the movie be removed from the "In progress" cue.

Scenario 2
a watched movie is started a second time → movie is watched + in progress.

Currently: user has no option to reset the "in progress" state. the movie cannot be removed from the in progress queue except by actually going into the movie and finishing it (probably by skipping to the end).

Expected: the current way to reset the "in progress" state is very clumsy and user unfriendly. I suggest to add an option to the menu that resets the in progress.

Discussed this with DaVu via IRC. DaVu actually found a feature request from 2012. Martijn wanted to add that feature back then. somehow this got lost on the way it seems: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1526149

I think this would be a nice addition to Esturay default capabilities.
I know we talked about this and unfortunately I can't reproduce. I have the exact scenario (some movies under the "in progress"-section) and if I navigate to one of them, open context menu, Mark it as watched it's gone from that section. So it behaves as expected.

This is on (not officially released) LibreELEC 7.90.005 which contains Kodi 17b1 git: 81d5d26 from Aug 29th
Can't you just reset the in progress by starting a movie from 0 and immediately press x / stop?

I think the reason why it won't reset in progress after telling Kodi you've already watched it, is that you could have been watching it for the 2nd time, or someone else in your house is watching a movie that you had already seen.
Other than possible reasons, it would be nice to have a key/button to reset a movie.
DaVu so your findings contradict the behavior I am seeing. Could this be another case of Estuary mod behaving in strange ways?
You never mentioned that you use Estuary Mod Wink. While posting here, I'm always talking about vanilla Estuary...nothing modded.

Then, tbh, all this is pointless. As Estuary Mod != Estuary. Whoever did this mod should support it and if you have issues, it's not Estuary. It's Estuary Mod Wink

Sorry
Yes, will cross post this later as I did with the first problem. Since default estuare is missing some key features and will not have those as it will not include the add-ons those features depend on, I am quite sure, many users will use the mod on the long run once kodi 17 hits stable.
Seems that you also have some issue on your own...

I try "scenario 1" with estuary MOD and it works as "expected" by you

But I agree with you on "scenario 2"
On the newer Kodi versions I see the "expected" behavior in Scenario 1. But I'm quite sure it used to be like you are describing as "current" it in older versions, around Kodi 14 or so.
(2016-09-01, 16:52)Syncopation Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, will cross post this later as I did with the first problem.

No, please do not cross post. That makes it quite hard to follow. It is much better to have all information collected at one spot.

Thanks