Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: smart playlists - library folders missing upon creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Using Kodi 16 with Nexus player and I stream movies/tv shows etc.. of my NAS. I am 99% sure I configured my smart playlists properly but my main issue are the sources that can't seem to pick up my media from the NAS and identify them correctly.

For ex. I have Cartoons as an option on the main menu and it is linked to the smart playlist pointing to that directory on my NAS. However it doesn't display ALL the folders I have under Cartoons such as "Transformers Cybertron". Under Video files when I right click on the folder in kodi and I go to view source (sorry this is off the top of my head - i don't remember the actual sub menu option), it displays the artwork of the cartoon but doesn't detect ANY episode i have.

This is the case for several folders but not just under cartoons. All movies and TV shows that I have are actually detected correctly except for a few (had to manually change the title on windows for Kodi to recognize it properly). Is there an addon other than the default ones available in Kodi to help me detect everything properly? I have already tried messing around with names and such but that helped a little bit for some folders.

Also if it did detect the show and lists episodes, its wrong or it did not pick up all of them. My anime folder has shows like "Eyeshield 21" and that didn't pick up all 150 episodes but instead maybe about 10.

For anime I am using the "anidb" source and that's what detected a portion of it.

Any ideas on what I can do to remedy the situation?
It's all about file names. Kodi needs correct file names, regardless of the scraper. See Naming videos (wiki).
(2016-09-01, 02:48)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about file names. Kodi needs correct file names, regardless of the scraper. See Naming videos (wiki).

That is how my directory and episodes are labelled and it is still giving me issues. Especially for those that aren't detecting all episodes.
Can you give some specific examples? Cartoons and anime tend to be a little weird, for some reason.
Well an example that I mentioned before is Transformers Cybertron:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472252/

1 season w/ about 50 episdes. Folder is labelled as that and inside are the episodes that correspond with the show. Each episode is labelled as name of the show followed by 01, 02 etc..

With anime I will use Bleach as an example. I have ALL episodes numbered the same way but it only pics up on a certain amount as opposed to the actual number I have in my folder on my NAS.

Eyeshield 21 is the same thing where it picks up random episodes but excludes over 100 in its findings.
I mean specific naming examples. Sometimes odd spacing or characters can cause issues, or one of many different variables.
I have Transformers Cybertron labelled as Episode 01 for the first episode and the others labelled as how I originally obtained them "Transformers_Cybertron-02". The first episode I changed the name of it to say "episode 01" and that made no difference.

That same layout goes for some of my anime as well. Other anime shows have the name of the subtitle group in the episode name. For ex."[HorribleSubs] Hajime_no_Ippo_-_Rising_-_01_[1080p]"

I have left my tv shows in a similar manner and I didn't have a problem with them being detected. Just cartoons and anime which is really weird.
(2016-09-05, 21:06)bloodyskullz Wrote: [ -> ]I have Transformers Cybertron labelled as Episode 01 for the first episode and the others labelled as how I originally obtained them "Transformers_Cybertron-02". The first episode I changed the name of it to say "episode 01" and that made no difference.

That same layout goes for some of my anime as well. Other anime shows have the name of the subtitle group in the episode name. For ex."[HorribleSubs] Hajime_no_Ippo_-_Rising_-_01_[1080p]"

I have left my tv shows in a similar manner and I didn't have a problem with them being detected. Just cartoons and anime which is really weird.

I had to remove the [HorribleSubs] prefix from file names to get them to scrape correctly with the TVDB.
It needs to say EP in front of the number.

Transformers_Cybertron-EP02

[HorribleSubs] Hajime_no_Ippo_-_Rising_-_EP01_[1080p]

Or you can use S01Ex, where "x" is the episode number.
What would be the best way for kodi to pick up the anime movies? I have tried giving them their actual name of the film and that didn't work. Also what are my options with OVA's?
Just look up how the movie is named on TMDB.org. As for OVAs, those are normally seen as specials for TV shows, or as short movies. There's some more hints on this page: Anime (wiki)