Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem w/ TV content scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2016-09-05, 15:21)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-05, 15:16)davet412 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-05, 15:06)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]Will try to understand...

Here is your folder structure:

The Waltons
--------Season 1 (useless IMO)
-----------------------The Waltons S01E01
-----------------------The waltons S01E02
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
--------Season 2 (still useless IMO)

So why do you try to add source with "The Waltons Season 1" folder?
If you use this folder Kodi will try to scrape a TVshow named "the walton season 1" which obviously does not exist

You should add source straight from "The Waltons"

I have a main folder titled "The Waltons" and then a sub folder titled "The Waltons Season 1" that has the individual season 1 episodes. The content scrapper is pointed to "The Waltons Season 1" - is this correct?

NOPE!

If you only have "the waltons" as TV show, scrapper should be pointed to the main folder called "the waltons"

If you have other TV shows than "the waltons", you should put them all in a root folder and point the scrapper to this folder

I pointed the content scrapper to the main folder "The Waltons" - still have the same problem.
One last try: put season 1 episodes directly in "the waltons" folder and delete "the walton season 1" folder

Then update library from kodi
(2016-09-05, 16:14)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]One last try: put season 1 episodes directly in "the waltons" folder and delete "the walton season 1" folder

Did as you suggested, still no media details.
(2016-09-05, 17:03)davet412 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-05, 16:14)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]One last try: put season 1 episodes directly in "the waltons" folder and delete "the walton season 1" folder

Have you done this: The main directory is called The Waltons then create folders for the seasons, Season 1, Season 2 etc. then rename your files like this The_Waltons-s01e01-The_Foundling

Code:
The Waltons
------------ Season 1
-------------------- The_Waltons-s01e01-The_Foundling
(2016-09-06, 20:32)Pasado Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-05, 17:03)davet412 Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you done this: The main directory is called The Waltons then create folders for the seasons, Season 1, Season 2 etc. then rename your files like this The_Waltons-s01e01-The_Foundling

Code:
The Waltons
------------ Season 1
-------------------- The_Waltons-s01e01-The_Foundling
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I made the changes as you suggested, tried pointing the scrapper at both the Waltons and season 1 folders. Still the same results - no media info.
Ok lets confirm a few things:

1) Do you have more then 1 TV show located in your E:\ that you want to scan in as well as the Waltons? If yes, you have to setup your TV show source as E:\ or do the below for every single tv show you wish to add.

2) If not, you have to setup your TV show source as "E:\The Waltons" and be sure to choose the option "The selected folder contains one show" from the set content screen.

And please do post a debug log of when you point the scraper at "E:\The Waltons". The only debug logs you have posted are pointing one folder too deep. You can see by the errors it throws like http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...anguage=en because its trying to search for a series called "The Waltons S01E01 The Foundling" which obviously doesn't exist.
(2016-09-04, 16:00)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The XBMChub repo is a banned add-on (wiki) repo here.

No support is offered for any install contaminated with stuff from that list of their ilk.

Before we can help the setup needs to be cleaned up and a new log posted if the issue persists.

Darren, Last week I posted the new log file to PasteBin after doing a clean Kodi install. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you. Here's the URL to the new log file: http://pastebin.com/FJkDieBV

Appreciate your help.
Have you thought about using a media manager, like tiny which works very well and very fast, to generate your own .nfo files and scraping using local .nfo files only?
(2016-09-09, 14:13)davet412 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-04, 16:00)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The XBMChub repo is a banned add-on (wiki) repo here.

No support is offered for any install contaminated with stuff from that list of their ilk.

Before we can help the setup needs to be cleaned up and a new log posted if the issue persists.

Darren, Last week I posted the new log file to PasteBin after doing a clean Kodi install. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you. Here's the URL to the new log file: http://pastebin.com/FJkDieBV

Appreciate your help.
Sorry, been busy traveling on business (as my day job pays me, they get priority).

It looks like your file structure may not be right, as it's not finding any information (log lines 1434 onward). Try this (presuming the root of your E drive is your source)

* Set the source as containing TV shows.
* Open the context menu for "The Waltons" folder (the one in the root of E) and confirm that the "this folder contains one TV show" is ticked.
* Try removing "The Waltons" from the season folder (just call it season 1 etc) although that shouldn't make a difference, and check the context menu settings for the season folders are the same as for the main parent folder.

As you can see in the log, the scraper is seeing the files, but not finding info for them (eg log line 1450) although your naming looks reasonable compared to the database entries for those episodes.
(2016-09-09, 17:51)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-09, 14:13)davet412 Wrote: [ -> ]

Appreciate your help.
Sorry, been busy traveling on business (as my day job pays me, they get priority).

It looks like your file structure may not be right, as it's not finding any information (log lines 1434 onward). Try this (presuming the root of your E drive is your source)

* Set the source as containing TV shows.
* Open the context menu for "The Waltons" folder (the one in the root of E) and confirm that the "this folder contains one TV show" is ticked.
* Try removing "The Waltons" from the season folder (just call it season 1 etc) although that shouldn't make a difference, and check the context menu settings for the season folders are the same as for the main parent folder.

As you can see in the log, the scraper is seeing the files, but not finding info for them (eg log line 1450) although your naming looks reasonable compared to the database entries for those episodes.
Darren, no problem, certainly understand about the day job,
So we finally have success - your suggestion worked. I set the context scrapper to the parent folder "The Waltons" and ticked "this folder contains one TV show"

Thank you for all your help. Since my wife is a big Waltons fan this was very important step in getting her to give up the Boxee Box. Next step is to go shopping for a unit (hardware with Kodi). I assume there is an active section on the forum discussing this.

Dave
I want to thank everyone who replied to this thread DarrenHill pointed me in the right direction and the problem is solved.
Pages: 1 2