Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disk is not writable (Shield Console TV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using Shield for the past month and half. It's been backing up using the Backup Tool without issues for like 5 weeks no issues.
But now all of a sudden I'm getting disk is not writable for the past 5 days Its weird.

Backing upto internal HDD, I have 450GB Free.

I've had similar issues with my old Samsung Note II after possibly 6-8 months of backing up correctly.

I tried to backup to usb pendrive and a SD card but that's not working either. I'm using the 'EMINENCE' skin, it has a backup option for the skin. So I tried to do that to the internal HDD and the USB Pendrive & SD Card and it keeps saying 'Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid. Tried both Root and creating a new folder called Backup.

So no matter what I try to do it doesn't want to backup due to drive not being writable. I can copy stuff to both HDD and other removable drives

Please can anyone help.

Thanks
The Shield should automatically make a folder that is called data when you plug in the drive. Inside of that should be a folder for Kodi. Kodi should have write access to that folder.