Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Material Design reimagining of Estuary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I love the functionality of Kodi's new default skin, Estuary, but was curious how it would translate into Google's Material design language, and I think it looks pretty good.

I am primarily a UI Designer by trade, but would love to work with a skilled skinner to bring this to life. Hit me up if you're interested. I would love to see this on my Shield TV.

Here are a few pages I've redesigned with the same buttons and assets, along with their "Before" states. Let me know what you think.

watch gallery
I would love to see this come to fruition!

I quite like the Estuary skin, but the Material redesign would be the cherry on top!
Nice and clean, very minimalist.
Looks good. Hope this becomes a reality.
Wow, i like it!!!

This is how the original should looks like Wink
Would love to see this happen, looks great!
yup, nice one. like it.
That is very nice, but that's not Material Design at all. Transparency, the white accent on the homepage... Material design is supposed to mimic the superposition of different layers of paper.
Still very nice looking though.
(2016-09-04, 16:02)Maxoo Wrote: [ -> ]That is very nice, but that's not Material Design at all. Transparency, the white accent on the homepage... Material design is supposed to mimic the superposition of different layers of paper.
Thanks! I agree and disagree. Yes, the concept of stacked layers is the origin of material design, but Android TV's implementation uses many more transparencies and gradients to liven things up.
watch gallery
I must say - WOW! Big Grin
The image of materialized homescreen is what Estuary should have been. It looks so much better! And the player OSD doesnt look so amateurish. But maybe the goal of default skin is to not follow specific design language. Altough I would definitely use this version of skin as my default one!
Very cool. Nice work.

I might be interested to collaborate once my timetable is bit more free again.
Looks awesome.
@phil65 is that something we could include or isn't that possible with themes?
(2016-09-06, 17:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool. Nice work.

I might be interested to collaborate once my timetable is bit more free again.

@phil65 That would be great! Would love to help out however I can.
(2016-09-06, 17:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Looks awesome.
@phil65 is that something we could include or isn't that possible with themes?

Hmm I am quite sure that changes are too drastic to do this as a theme.
Looks really great! Wink
Pages: 1 2