Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: recording IPTV from online playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

i wanted to ask you for an advice. I am looking for a way how to record live tv. I have a m3u playlist which is posted on website and it is updates automaticlly. I was trying to set up myth and nextpvr but myth i wasnt able to configure and nextpvr doesnt allow to use online playlist.

I would like to set recording from EPG. I thought hdhomerun could help me but i am not sure with the online playlist.

any advice, tutorial. thanks

(Kodi is on RPi3, and Apple TV4, and backend could be on windows 10 or macos
Putting aside whether your "m3u playlist which is posted on website" is within our rules or not, tvheadend can record iptv.
Or if your on Linux or rPi, use the iptvsimple pvr client I lve posted many times here!
That's a modded version of iptvsimple that has recording enabled!
Here it is to download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj1dqgjvzzzysw...2.zip?dl=1

If you need the Mac os version,
Here it is to download:
http://epg.ninja/clairvoyance/testing/OL...ording.zip

If your m3u is from a iptv service (bought with a username & pass)
Use the new kodi PVR Client called
XT-Codes PVR Client!

Here Is The Topic With Download Links & Info:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280968

XT-Codes PVR Client Supports All Types of Android (ARM & X86), Mac, Windows but not Linux yet!

Non of the Suggestions I've mentioned Need a backend or Frontend! Just runs on kodi itself!
You can't use a m3u file on the XT-Codes PVR Client!

Hope this has helped you!
Cheers!

Also Look up TV headend Mentioned above if you can be Botherd with backend and frountends!

Wink
thx for your replies. i have 60 tv channels i pay and my provider gives me playlist with the ip adresses, i was trying to make tvheadend work but i failed. when i added PL nothing happend. :/

recording with iptvpvrsimple client didnt work for me. on mac i was able to install it (just so i could try it) but on rpi (i have kodi 17 beta.) no.
i set recording path and was able to set timer but when recording started it stopped withing 3 seconds and there was no record

ffmpeg and rtmpdump isnt set could you help me with that?

or could you give me some adivce how to set up tvheadend? best way how to make m3u playlist working Smile
(2016-09-07, 23:33)milan53 Wrote: [ -> ]thx for your replies. i have 60 tv channels i pay and my provider gives me playlist with the ip adresses, i was trying to make tvheadend work but i failed. when i added PL nothing happend. :/

recording with iptvpvrsimple client didnt work for me. on mac i was able to install it (just so i could try it) but on rpi (i have kodi 17 beta.) no.
i set recording path and was able to set timer but when recording started it stopped withing 3 seconds and there was no record

ffmpeg and rtmpdump isnt set could you help me with that?

or could you give me some adivce how to set up tvheadend? best way how to make m3u playlist working Smile

Don't use tvhead if you have (like you said) a paid iptv service!
Like I said, just use xt -codes PVR!
It works for windows & Mac!
All you do is

-install the installer here:
http://epg.ninja/repo/script.xtcodes.ins...-1.2.0.zip

-choose your device (windows etc)

-install the xml (If you want, if not, just skip this)

-now, xtcodes will be on your PVR add on's!

-enable the PVR and input your url that was giving to you by your iptv provider
(http://balbla.whatever:port number)

-put in your username & pass

-choose your recording folder

-done! Now enable and enjoy epg, logos (if the provider has them! If, not, use your own)
And most importantly, RECORDING!

Hope this has helped!

BTW, it's for Jarvis, but it might work for krypton (I think that's how you spell it!)
There is going to be upgrades for this soon with better compatibility for kodi 17!
Try it out and tell is what you think!
I dont have have login or password. the streams works only at my home
I mean I choose 60 channels I want to watch. confirm and they works only at my home. streams are always the same. but when i change channel (I can change it once a month) I cant acces it. but when I order the channel next month it will work again

is it possible to add online or local m3u playlist ?
sorry to jump this post but @03stevensmi can you redo the links for xtcodes as that post does not work anymore

thanks
(2016-09-24, 21:21)EC53 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to jump this post but @03stevensmi can you redo the links for xtcodes as that post does not work anymore

thanks

Unfortunately,
Kenji123 has stopped developing this client!
He did not say anything but selfishly removed
The PVR handover at his end!
That means you install the client,
It will just say error! It's Happend to everyone including me!
I'm glad the topic didn't get put back on here because
The PVR client stopped working shortly after!

Sorry everyone!
Maybe someday after kenji gets out of his selfish huff it may
Run again, but I really can just say that day will never come!
Shame because it was the only propper KODI dvr that record without a backend!
Well,
Back to waiting for someone to happely compile simphax simple client for android!
Sad
looking at how the client worked:
  • installer which downloads something something you can'tsee or control
  • no standalone addon zip... usually everything is included in the zip
  • strange (secret?) development path, where not even the developer himself would post in the official kodi.tv forum
  • disappearance of the addon

all these points look like this addon tries to hide something and it would be technically able (downloading "something" for installation!?) to download simply malware. Also it could be just an addon for phishing your paid m3u playlists or your own-made playlists to sell them to others or so...

It is just a thought, but I would not trust addons that are so strangely suspicious O.o, so it might be good, that it is offline now.

Anybody who would do honest stuff, would simply make an opensource github development.