Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ListItem.DBTYPE not working at season level for info dialog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to use the following code as a visibility condition to only show a button on the video info dialog for seasons.

Code:
String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)

This code evaluates to true when viewing seasons in the library, but not when viewing the season in DialogVideoInfo.xml. From my testing, it looks like seasons are displayed as DBTYPE tvshow in the video info dialog.

Any chance this can be fixed, or have I missed something? I'm running yesterdays nightly, cad875f.

Thanks!
You need to use -

Code:
String.IsEqual(Container.Content,seasons)
(2016-09-04, 17:32)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use -

Code:
Ah, I thought ListItem.DBTYPE was preferred over Container.Content for DialogVideoInfo.xml in Kodi 17. Will try it, thanks!
as far as i know (might be wrong, so please confirm) there is no season support in the video info dialog.
at least it wasn't implemented 7 years ago when i made a feature request for it :-)
We're almost there -

https://github.com/mkortstiege/xbmc/tree...nfo-dialog

Perhaps someone else can finish it off seeing the Movie Database has season info now. Wink
(2016-09-04, 18:46)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]as far as i know (might be wrong, so please confirm) there is no season support in the video info dialog.
at least it wasn't implemented 7 years ago when i made a feature request for it :-)
Sounds about right, I mostly display the tvshow info when pressing info at the season level. I have an "extras" button that I want to display for movies, tvshows, and episodes. I was having a hard time hiding it for seasons though, because it was being displayed even with !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season). The code Hitcher suggested worked though.

(2016-09-04, 17:32)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use -

Code:
Thanks, that worked!
checking "container.content" only works for media views (-> MyVideoNav.xml), but not if you include a list of seasons in home window for example and open the infodialog from there.