Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-06, 16:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]One question: Does DTS-HD / TrueHD work for you now?

.. yes, tested truehd with playerprocessinfo showing RAW for each channel.
Good. Then second vendor support: check. (I hope you also checked the AVR display + the actual sound it made)
(2016-12-06, 23:36)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]that's the screen - not the AVR :-)So again: Can you hear the TrueHD sound correctly?

Edit: This screenshot is not from Android. I see Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load. Is that a fake?

Hi

"Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load"
I just saw the same thing when playing some videos on my Android devices, it is indeed true.

Saw on this
RK3229, ARM32-bit running Marshmallow
Videos played smooth so not sure why it showed a Linux deinterlacer.
But the latest nightly Kodi 18 20161206 crashes when playing a lot of videos because ffmpeg is used for decoding?
But on Kodi 16.1 and SPMC 16.5 videos uses Mediacodec and plays correctly, so must be a bug in some of the latest nightlies.
Added my findings here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2472279
Will test some different Kodi versions and see which ones show/use the incorrect information on Marshmallow firmware.

When playing the same videos and using Kodi 18 20161206 nightly on
RK3288, ARM 32-bit running Lollipop it is correct and shows
Using AMCodec amc-h264, amc-h265
the deinterlacing also shows the Android one and not yaddif and don't have the crashes on on Marshmallow with the other device.

With your latest PT change, it shows IEC 8 channels available on both devices(RK3229 MM, RK3288 LP), so I think that will all work now.
I asked some users to do tests and report back but they will do it on a RK3288 Lollipop device since latest nightly Kodi's don't crash on Lollipop firmware.
Here is a log just to show the pass-through settings available on RK3229 Marshmallow now.
http://pastebin.com/8bFTMUb0
Quote:With your latest PT change, it shows IEC 8 channels available on both devices(RK3229 MM, RK3288 LP), so I think that will all work now.
I asked some users to do tests and report back but they will do it on a RK3288 Lollipop device since latest nightly Kodi's don't crash on Lollipop firmware.
Here is a log just to show the pass-through settings available on RK3229 Marshmallow now.
http://pastebin.com/8bFTMUb0

Thanks for that. Curious on the feedback.

Edit: Something else I realized: ENCODING_IEC61937 is Constant Value: 13 (0x0000000d) for default droid. On your system it's 20. So be careful that if SW does not recheck that (we do) that it might not work on other sw.
(2016-12-07, 11:02)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Something else I realized: ENCODING_IEC61937 is Constant Value: 13 (0x0000000d) for default droid. On your system it's 20. So be careful that if SW does not recheck that (we do) that it might not work on other sw.

Beware that Shield will also use another value than standard in N, because that they took for their non-standard RAW TRUEHD, that Google dropped in the end.
So you have to be sure to *always* use the value taken from jni.
Jep. That's why it is good that we have it and we keep it.
My setup:

- Fire TV
- Enabled: MediaCodec (Surface)
- Audio Channels: 2.0
- Passthrough enabled
- AC3 enabled
- AC3 Transcoding enabled

- DTS is converted to AC3 without any problems
- AC3 TV recodings produce clicking noises (2-Channel AC3 files only, 5-Channel files are ok)

So either i have to resign digital audio for movies (no DTS or AC3) or i have to accept a clicking noise for 2-channel TV recordings. Great.
Can you post me a logfile with the 2.0 AC3? Cause this should not be transcoded at all and output as 2.0 PCM for live tv.
(2016-11-27, 09:25)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Something else: Enableing that method again is just 2 to 4 lines of code. Just do that for yourself and recreate the APK.

Please be more specific and if possible, lead me the way to recreate the APK on OS X. I really want the old behavior back, thank you.

-->> Hold on, i'll get you the log.
You get the old behaviour by using the old version. Just use Jarvis.
I dont want to use Jarvis as i spent hours to make a modification of the AEON skin for my wife and my childs needs, which is not working under Jarvis. If you say that it only needs changing of 2 lines, then please let us know how to do it.

Log: http://pastebin.com/kndxwZEn

If you want me to provide a 5-channel tv recording also, just let me know.
Not sure what I should tell you. We provide and deliver what amazon wants to give you. The log is clear: bug in the ac3 2.0 packer ...

Enable "Sync Playback to Display" please ... this will "workaround" it _by_ accident. Also set PCM Audio channels to 2.0 channels.
That workaround does the trick indeed, thank you :-) Does "Sync Playback to Display" come along with any disadvantages i need to know?

I do not need DTS, it was just nice to have, but a convert from DTS to AC3 is mandatory (which works) and a crackling free playback of AC3 files no matter if 5 or 2 channels (which is working with Sync Playback to Display).
It will disable DTS and transcode everything with > 2.0 channels to AC3 on output. Perfect Video + transcoded audio.
It's a workaround for shitty incapabilities of broken firmware :-( I am sad that the default state of such consumer devices are the way they are. Namely: PT hack is a risk BUT their provided implementation of official API sucks like hell :-) ... so that's the issues I have to face. And even worse: Every shitty device has another bug ... for some EAC3 5.1 work EAC3 7.1 fails. Or for some DTS 48.0 works, but DTS 44.1 / 96 fails ... and so on and so on.

I think I can be happy with Android 7 (for dts, ac3, eac3) and hopefully a official 7.2 with additional capabilities for dts-hd, truehd ... (google has plain forgotten that in Android N, I am on the way getting it into the official standard as we speak).

But - this won't work on the FireTV as the vendor does not implement it. Why should he - all the content he provides you does not have this capabilities at all :-)