Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-10, 18:14)ssarava9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 18:11)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi obviously supports DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, EAC3 if the firmware implements it. For DTS v23 of the api is needed.

Sorry what is api v23?

I have android 6.0 and my firmware supports DTS
(2017-01-10, 18:20)ssarava9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 18:14)ssarava9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 18:11)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi obviously supports DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, EAC3 if the firmware implements it. For DTS v23 of the api is needed.

Sorry what is api v23?

I have android 6.0 and my firmware supports DTS

Stock android 6.0 support DTS but nobody can tell you what your device maker could have modified.

Your firmware may not follow anymore stock android sound API and Kodi 17 will need your firmware to follow android sound API

That may be why you should have DTS but you do not have DTS
Once again: no Debug Log no issue. Or differently said: if your box supported it and if all settings were correct why were you here?
(2017-01-10, 18:38)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Once again: no Debug Log no issue. Or differently said: if your box supported it and if all settings were correct why were you here?

I'd suggest to stop arguing with him. He just has a box that had the broken amlogic firmware release where nothing worked.
Just throw it away and get something well supported
Ouh. What a pain :-(
Perhaps a positive note here: I had major sound related crashing on Fire TV firmware 5.2.1.1 and internet streams. But with the Krypton RC's no more issues. Yes, there is no DTS, but to be honest, I rather have decent pass-through support according to t he Android API without the crashing than DTS. I will patiently wait for a new firmware that supports API 23 or just buy an Vero 2 with OSMC (I need the SPDIF out for my Logitech Speakers). Thanks Fritsch for all you efforts.
Installed latest firmware and the default android player plays Dts audio but not Kodi , looks like need to live with this till the next update
Thanks for all the support and guidance
Flash LibreELEC Kodi to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 SD card would be my suggestion, if you want the best Audio & Video support for Kodi on AMLogic S8xx/S905 boxes. Without having to rely on dodgy, unreliable AMLogic Android Firmware.
This is a dual boot setup, you still retain Android on internal eMMC Flash memory.
DTS passthrough in Kodi 17 RC don't work. In 16.1 and another alternative playyer all ok. Checkboxes on "Allow passthrough" and "DTS Capable reciever" active. No sound than I select DTS track at all.

Logs http://paste.ubuntu.com/23782631/
See 20:11:45
(2017-01-11, 19:34)Geniy Wrote: [ -> ]DTS passthrough in Kodi 17 RC don't work. In 16.1 and another alternative playyer all ok. Checkboxes on "Allow passthrough" and "DTS Capable reciever" active. No sound than I select DTS track at all.

Throw it away a wait till you get new firmware update on it. Sorry but not our problem
(2017-01-11, 19:36)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Throw it away a wait till you get new firmware update on it. Sorry but not our problem

But why? On previous version (Kodi 16.1) all work correctly, DTS passthrough works without any problems.
It's definately software bug in 17 release.
(2017-01-11, 19:44)Geniy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-11, 19:36)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Throw it away a wait till you get new firmware update on it. Sorry but not our problem

But why? On previous version (Kodi 16.1) all work correctly, DTS passthrough works without any problems.
It's definately software bug in 17 release.
Start reading as I'm not gonna explain it again and no it is not a bug in v17
(2017-01-11, 19:36)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-11, 19:34)Geniy Wrote: [ -> ]DTS passthrough in Kodi 17 RC don't work. In 16.1 and another alternative playyer all ok. Checkboxes on "Allow passthrough" and "DTS Capable reciever" active. No sound than I select DTS track at all.

Throw it away a wait till you get new firmware update on it. Sorry but not our problem

Have the latest firmware released in November 2016, can anyone confirm getting DTS in android using Kodi 17?
It is a bug in Kodi 17
I tested the version for for "shitty" devices from post 247 and DTS has worked on my Amlogic s912 "shitty" box and my "shitty" Yamaha reciever. Maybe you can insert checkbox for "Shitty device" in Settings/System/Audio in your final build in Kody17?
No