Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-17, 11:57)thrxxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-11, 14:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Help my DTS stopped working - but it did in Jarvis - you broke my system - you are damn idiots, Team Kodi 111!!!111
If you have a broken firmware, download the shitty builds. They are named matching your firmware. Currently on this list are:
FireTV 1 and 2, Some prerelease AMLogic Android 6 versions that ship a broken, e.g. shitty FW, never released as final by AMLogic.

Current shitty version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - Handle with care, you are warned. This version can kill your ears as it fakes passthrough via PCM as Jarvis did.

Great!!

what are the notsoshitty versions?

notsoshitty incorporates a workaround for tvheadend ... the old garbage story again and again, sadly :-)
(2017-02-17, 13:11)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 11:57)thrxxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-11, 14:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Help my DTS stopped working - but it did in Jarvis - you broke my system - you are damn idiots, Team Kodi 111!!!111
If you have a broken firmware, download the shitty builds. They are named matching your firmware. Currently on this list are:
FireTV 1 and 2, Some prerelease AMLogic Android 6 versions that ship a broken, e.g. shitty FW, never released as final by AMLogic.

Current shitty version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - Handle with care, you are warned. This version can kill your ears as it fakes passthrough via PCM as Jarvis did.

Great!!

notsoshitty incorporates a workaround for tvheadend ... the old garbage story again and again, sadly :-)
@fritsch I have to say I admire you for your patience and the fact that you keep spitting out the (notso)shitty versions. I could use some of that patience, any advice?
(2017-02-18, 21:48)Basje Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 13:11)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 11:57)thrxxx Wrote: [ -> ]Great!!

@fritsch I have to say I admire you for your patience and the fact that you keep spitting out the (notso)shitty versions. I could use some of that patience, any advice?

Basically I have a 60h+ dayjob. I am the technical lead of ~20 developers (depends on the externals) in various projects at the same time, taskforcing another one daily, in an automotive environment with a lot of pressure to really hit the SOP (start of production). I work on the calmness, but sometimes - I am not as calm as I should be. One of my problems is, that I think purely mathematical - that means I sometimes have issues discussing on a flawed logic level (which some think are alternative facts) :-)

But yeah - most stuff is not worth it to get uncalm cause of it :-)
It's like this:

Garbage unsupported Firmware In > Shitty Audio Out Wink
Hi .I can no longer stream any addons in 5.1 or 7.1 audio despite having all the settings in kodi set to 7.1 and allowing all passthroughs, which I use to get off many sites before upgrading to kodi 17. Also have the same problem in SPMC.
All I get now is 2 channels processing ACC thats it ?
Android box( HiMedia Q10 pro) running on nougat 7 all setting set to Raw . Denon amp set to multichannel.
The only thing I can think is I have slow internet speed 3-9 MBps....
Any thoughts
With my new HDMI Splitter passthrough works.

But it does not work if i watch Live TV with VNSI while watching recordings does.
No Passthrough with livetv. If you need this inferior format (Kodi can decode all PT lossless, including interpreting the meta data - far more superior your probably lowend AVR). So if you need it:

Channels: 2.0
AC3: enabled
AC3-transcode: enabled
I don't understand any of this, I just bought new TV and AV Receiver and can't get audio.
TV is Philips 55PUS6561 with new firmware Android 6.0.1 (api23 is what Kodi says) and the Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V381, with is connected to TV via HDMI ARC
In TV settings audio format I have only 2 options with is
- Multichannel
- Stereo (uncompressed)
and if I choice Multichannel I can watch movies via build in media player with only standard Dolby Digital / DTS all kind of DD+ or DTS HD is converting to standard DD/DTS
when it comes to Kodi 17, I enable the passtrouh and choice all AC3,DTS,DTS HD, but when trying to watch in AC3 its working, AC3+ is only AC3 and DTS is giving me no screen or audio in Receiver says PCM
That is with audio format in TV settings set to multichannel, if I set it to Stereo (uncompressed) in build-in media player there is always PCM 2channel audio no matter what type of audio source I play, only 2 channel PCM (the yamaha receiver show for milsec Analog info on display)
as far as it comes to Kodi it plays DD fine (audio format in tv set to Stereo uncompressed) DTS gives no screen nor audio, DD+ no audio PCM on display and when DTS no screen audio sometimes the Kodi Crash.
The weard thing is that If I turn on TV+AVR and its set to Stereo(uncompressed) only PCM 2.0 shows even in home-screen (it should say Decoder Off) audio is the same PCM but as soon as I run kodi and play random DD movie it forces it so if I exit Kodi and enter the build-in media player the DD is working till I turn off the TV+Receiver with won't work and i need to repeat trick with kodi etc.
Please help, me as I don't have a clue.

So far I have TV set to Multichannel and watch via build-in media player all movie types and audio works but only DD/DTS,
Sorry for my english, but if you don't help Im not sure who will.
Set:

channels 2.0
Enable AC3
Enable AC3 transcoding

Disable all of the rest.

The detailed explanation is available on the first post. I can only explain, but not understand it for you, sorry.
(2017-02-21, 09:19)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No Passthrough with livetv. If you need this inferior format (Kodi can decode all PT lossless, including interpreting the meta data - far more superior your probably lowend AVR).
I don't need 5.1 within livetv at all since Playback of Recordings works well. Makes me think livetv should work too but i don't care about it. Just wanted to mention...

Thank you
A recording is on your local disk or network. So it can be played back as fast as necessary with the clock of your device. Live TV stream speed cannot be varied, resulting in buffer overruns or underflows at some point in time if you don't synchronize to the stream speed. Bitstream audio cannot be synchronized unless you transcode/resample. Kodi can do that.

Still, nearly all TVs and settop boxes allow for audio PT. They assume that clocks in encoder (on broadcaster side) and decoder (on user side) are sufficiently accurate. With a good buffer implementation you probably won't run into any problem for a long time, depending on the clock quality though.
I will test it with transcoding enabled. Thank you for explanation
Installed Sony Marshmallow firmware V3.843 which has been released today. Believe it or not... AC3 640kbps works without transcoding! Now going to test DTS.
DTS trailer doesn't even want to play an A/V when DTS PT is enabled. Here is the log.
(2017-02-22, 16:32)CiNcH Wrote: [ -> ]DTS trailer does even't even want to play an A/V when DTS PT is enabled. Here is the log.

Can you take a logcat? Might have more info there.
The Kodi log just say that DTS sound could not be initialized.

I'll install the update on my Sony this WE, anyway.