Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Can you take a logcat? Might have more info there.
Will try to do so. Dunno whether it still works on Sony with M installed. Currently checking all my open issues...
Here we go...

dts_logcat.log
...and the output of "adb shell cat /system/etc/audio_policy.conf"...
Yep, looks like mediatek forgot marshmallow supports DTS passthrough.
They probably just made a c/p from lollipop, or they can't make a difference between decoding (for which I guess they don't have a license) and passthrough.

Code:
non_hw_av_sync_compressed {^M
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000^M
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_7POINT1^M
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_AC3|AUDIO_FORMAT_E_AC3^M
        devices speaker|headphone|spdif|hdmi|line_out^M
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT^M
      }      ^M
      hw_av_sync_compressed {^M
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000^M
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_7POINT1^M
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_AC3|AUDIO_FORMAT_E_AC3^M
        devices speaker|headphone|spdif|hdmi|line_out^M
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_HW_AV_SYNC^M
      }^M
Funny :-)
(2017-02-22, 18:30)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, looks like mediatek forgot marshmallow supports DTS passthrough.
They probably just made a c/p from lollipop, or they can't make a difference between decoding (for which I guess they don't have a license) and passthrough.

This is all insane. So now that we have an OS supporting DTS on our TVs, than Mediatek does not use it?! [FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

Were do I send my complains? 😈

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Quote:Were do I send my complains?
Sony? They need to put preassure on MediaTek...

Well... at least there is some progress. New Marshmallow firmware fixes quite some things from my buglist. AC3 can now be bitstreamed without any limitation.
(2017-02-23, 09:38)CiNcH Wrote: [ -> ]New Marshmallow firmware fixes quite some things from my buglist. AC3 can now be bitstreamed without any limitation.
I don't understand this 640kbit AC3 error on Lollipop, for me it's work, just tested with two short clips.
This does not occur in all cases?
Config: W80C with Kodi 16.1 - optical - AVR.
Kodi settings: passthrough: on, AC3 transcode: off
so you must be the only one because 640 kbps AC3 didn't work except in default player.
(2017-02-23, 16:01)kinggo Wrote: [ -> ]so you must be the only one because 640 kbps AC3 didn't work except in default player.
EDIT: deleted youtube video
It is Jarvis with PCM hack. Nice try...
Not try, as I wrote yesterday, I don't understand this error. It is now clear that was misunderstood from me, sorry.
Updated my Shitty Sony to Android 6 yesterday, installed kodi V17.1 and Finally, Dolby Surround and DTS. Great!!
How do you get DTS out of it?