Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any chance of a "shitty" update to 17.4 final? (last version on test build seems to be from 3 days earlier)
(2017-08-20, 08:51)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Finally: It's as good as it gets with v17. If you want further improvements, use v18 nightlies and post debuglogs in your very own thread. Remember: DTS will never come back as FireTV people refuse to support the available and perfectly working IEC API: https://developer.android.com/reference/...G_IEC61937

Hi guys,
do you mean that with V18 there won't be Shitty versions with the Hack that still passes the DTS & AC3 through?
Running a sony Bravia Android TV, with v17.4 shitty, as it seems the ICE API isn't (yetHuh SadSadSad ) supported by Sony/Mediatek ?

tx!
migube
"with V18 there won't be Shitty versions with the Hack that still passes the DTS & AC3 through?"

Yes, I"m wondering about this, too as I'm not clear. I found links to a v18 labeled with "shitty" also.

Can anyone clarify this? Thanks.
I can clarify since I went and tried the versions after getting no response here. This is the "shitty" Krypton 17.4 with a typo fix (compared to the last update on Fritsch's development page):

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

I've got that installed on my home theater FireTV 4K box (where I have full DTS decoding, etc.) and the non-shitty one on my living room TV (that has no DTS decoding anyway). They're both listed as 17.4.
Thanks, VonMagnum!
(2017-08-30, 02:55)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]I can clarify since I went and tried the versions after getting no response here. This is the "shitty" Krypton 17.4 with a typo fix (compared to the last update on Fritsch's development page):

I've got that installed on my home theater FireTV 4K box (where I have full DTS decoding, etc.) and the non-shitty one on my living room TV (that has no DTS decoding anyway). They're both listed as 17.4.

Is this a alpha/Beta of the v18 or 17.4, as yes, 17.4 works, but wanted to know about v18 Smile

tx
(2017-09-04, 15:21)migube Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-30, 02:55)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]I can clarify since I went and tried the versions after getting no response here. This is the "shitty" Krypton 17.4 with a typo fix (compared to the last update on Fritsch's development page):

Is this a alpha/Beta of the v18 or 17.4, as yes, 17.4 works, but wanted to know about v18 Smile

tx

It's the 17.4 final with "shitty" options as far as I can tell. There is a V18 beta on the list, but it's a different entry.

The only thing strange I've noticed on the shitty version is that the on-screen display says "5.1" instead of "6.1" for DTS-ES 6.1 titles whereas the official version shows "6.1" on the OSD like it should.

However, both versions of 17.4 seem to have an issue adding new titles here. If I add a new movie to my hard drive and tell KODI to scan it from "files" it does nothing at all unless I either wait (long time for over 700 titles) until it shows a "picture" (i.e. it's scanning for total play time and basic information in the directory) for it or if I play a bit of it first (then scan works). It did not have this problem in 17.3 here. I could manually select a file immediately and scan it with no issue. It also does not seem to have this issue if I scan an entire directory at once, but only with the right context menu "scan file into library"). I don't know if a new install has this issue or it's an "upgrade" issue (I've seen issues before with KODI initially scanning and not showing "HD" or "SD" until I actually play a file whereas it normally scans them immediately and they show up one by one just by entering a directory.
Hi VonMagnum,

(2017-09-05, 21:22)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]However, both versions of 17.4 seem to have an issue adding new titles here. If I add a new movie to my hard drive and tell KODI to scan it from "files" it does nothing at all unless I either wait (long time for over 700 titles) until it shows a "picture" (i.e. it's scanning for total play time and basic information in the directory) for it or if I play a bit of it first (then scan works). It did not have this problem in 17.3 here. I could manually select a file immediately and scan it with no issue. It also does not seem to have this issue if I scan an entire directory at once, but only with the right context menu "scan file into library"). I don't know if a new install has this issue or it's an "upgrade" issue (I've seen issues before with KODI initially scanning and not showing "HD" or "SD" until I actually play a file whereas it normally scans them immediately and they show up one by one just by entering a directory.

I think it might be better to splitt your Post in two parts, to get better answers. The first part about audio should stay here, but the one I quoted, should get into a new thread.
I had no issue with scanning whole directories at once, but the pictures and metadata would be collected after finishing the scan and only showing up one afer another later on.
Solved:I have been looking for a solution to my choppy audio and after playing about with everything suggested on here with no success and wondering what went wrong I read a post somewhere about power issues. I realised I had used a different USB cable. Swapped the cable and my firestick/kodi audio is back to normal.

Using a 2nd generation Firestick, kodi 17.4. I had no low power warnings and the firestick worked fine except for when you try to play a video in kodi. Then it would carry over to all of the firestick apps until reboot.
Kodi must be drawing significantly more resources than the normal apps which would make sense I suppose.

Just thought I'd leave this here in case anyone else had my issue
On a weird somewhat similar note, I couldn't even get 1080p titles to play recently on my upstairs system that was working fine a few days before (tested all kinds of things like database files, reinstalls, reboots, etc.) and it turned out it was the AC Powerline Ethernet adapter I was using needed rebooted (still worked with Amazon Prime and even 720p titles in KODI just fine so no idea how it had "some" functionality, but crapped out with 1080p files (KODI gave a "can't play" LOG error and the LOG showed no reason at all other than can't find header. I think I need a different brand Ethernet adapter there (got a newer brand/model for two rooms and they never seem to have issues ever, but my older Netgear ones connect fine with that system, but seem to need reset once a week or every other week for some reason; they usually completely crap out, though. This "sort of works" was a new one here. (Netflix tests during this time on the same FireTV 4K were showing 68Mbps downloads with the same adapter that was causing KODI issues).
TI would like to say I was able to get proper DTS, AAC and Dolby using the below builds on my Sony X900E running the latest Android 7 firmware.
kodi-20170819-caa0c87-dtsshittyonly-armeabi-v7a.apk
kodi-20170827-1ef7165-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk

Hopefully this hack still works in the future or Mediatek/Sony actually fix it, I didn't want to purchase another box just for HDR since i already have a s905 box (yes i understand we don't have HDR content other than demos).

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I enabled passthrough for DD+ and played a file without issue, but now that same file has static. I had to remove Kodi for an unknown reason before it would let me transfer the app to usb storage.
(2017-09-18, 03:46)JonSnow88 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I'm pretty sure I enabled passthrough for DD+ and played a file without issue, but now that same file has static.
.....and that's why most of us don't use that.
The shitty build works perfectly on my Sony Bravia 2016 model (KD65XD7505BAEP) with Android 7.0 Nougat . My audio system is Logitech Z906 which is connected through optical S/PDIF (TOSLINK). I discovered that I must leave the HDMI ARC port unplugged. When I plugged my PC via HDMI 3 then Dolby Digital AC3 passthrough stopped working. However DTS was not effected. So this means that the Sony Bravia can not support both Optical and HDMI ARC at the same time.

By the way these are my config:
The sound mode in TV settings does not have any effect. I have it on "Auto 1". Not PCM.
I have "Enable AC3-Transcoding" turned on otherwise EAC3 does not work.
I have EAC3 passthrough off.
I have DTS passthrough on.
I have "Sync Playback to Display" off.
Is there supposed to be a 64-bit shitty build for Fire TV 2 box?
(2017-09-24, 05:52)sirmedia Wrote: [ -> ]Is there supposed to be a 64-bit shitty build for Fire TV 2 box?

No.