Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installation of dependencies when installing addon from zip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am testing my video addon, by installing it as a zip on my kodi, and I found that dependencies were not automatically installed, I had to download them from the jarvis repo and install manually as a zip. This is with reference to `script.module.parsedom` and another that I cant remember right now (i think urlresolver). Is this expected? Are dependencies only auto installed when installing from a repository vs installing via zip?
dependencies should also auto-install when you're installing an addon from a zipfile.

did you properly define the dependencies in your addon.xml file?

if you can't figure it out, post a Debug Log and a link to your zipfile for testing.
(2016-09-07, 15:36)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]dependencies should also auto-install when you're installing an addon from a zipfile.

did you properly define the dependencies in your addon.xml file?

if you can't figure it out, post a Debug Log and a link to your zipfile for testing.

I ran into a similar issue last week when i provided my add-on to a friend to test. The cause in my case was the add-on script had an unsupported script referenced, so it never installed. They claimed there was no error, but i can not confirm this.

The script in question my addon was dependant on was datetime util which had a dependancy for six, which forever reason was not supported. I assume due to the system being installed on was an older xbox