Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Find Kodi 16.1 After Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot find Kodi 16.1 after installation on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Nothing in the start menu, in the folder it was installed or even in add or remove programs.Tried several times installing it, even tried downloading application again and can't find it. Also searched the computer, the only it can only find is files on C:\VTRoot... I have it installed in D:\Program Files\Kodi. I also tried installing it on my C:\ drive and still could not find it. The only way I can run the App is to install it every time. Also made sure that Spybot was not running before the last installation I tried.
Hope you haven't installed some sort of sandbox program that reverts all back to what it was. Check out HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows (wiki) and ensure you're downloading from the link page top left. The default puts Kodi in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

Display hidden files and folders:

Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
(2016-09-07, 18:39)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you haven't installed some sort of sandbox program that reverts all back to what it was. Check out HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows (wiki) and ensure you're downloading from the link page top left. The default puts Kodi in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

Display hidden files and folders:

Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.

I already had Show Hidden Files selected. Just unchecked Hide Protected Operating Files and still don't see it anywhere. Even tried installing again. I don't have any sandbox programs installed.
I vaguely remember someone not long a ago having something similar, I believe it turned out to be the installed anti virus blocking removing the install, try doing a forum search.
Are you installing as administrator? Microsoft has the User Account Control (UAC) and it's involved here or some sort of virus control package is at play.
OK got it to work, ended up installing it in safe mode now it shows up where it supposed to be. Thanks for the advice guys.

Sent from my SM-G903W