Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork is not being displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Version of Kodi - 16.1
2. Windows Version - 10
3. CPU/Architecture - Intel Core i5-3570k 64-bit
4. RAM amount- 16 GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem - I cannot reproduce the problem
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem - N/A
7. FULL Debug Log - https://paste.ubuntu.com/23148180/

I have several folders that contain movies. The movies are all in their own subfolders. When I scroll through the folder names, some of them show the movies' artwork while other folders simply show the default image. I want all of them to show the specific movie's artwork but I can't figure out why some folders behave differently than others. Two different movie folders may contain an .mkv, .nfo, and poster.jpg files but only one of the folders will actually show the artwork when the folder is selected. For all of the folders, I can select them and then Kodi will display the movie name and correct artwork. It's just that most of the folders don't show this artwork when I have that folder highlighted while still in the parent folder containing all of the subfolders (again, which contain the actual video file). Why is this happening? I've spent 4 hours googling and trying to fix it myself but I haven't had any success.

My newer movies folder, which I never used Ember on, doesn't display the artwork for any of the movies' folders. I've tried using Aeon Nox and Confluence. Also, I just noticed that none of my recently added movies contain any artwork or .nfo files containing the <movie> information, yet when I drill down into the folder and highlight the movie title, Kodi shows me the artwork. How is this possible if there are no images in the directory with the video file? Why isn't this created when my library updates? I'm extremely frustrated that I wasted 4 hours on this and would be very, very appreciative for guidance.
I stop reading your log at this point:

Code:
20:32:06 T:21792   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in repository.exodus has been installed.'

A little bit of reading: Forum Rules and Banned Add-ons and Repositories

No help from here as long as your Kodi is contaminated with this crap
Actually I have read the forum rules, including the section you linked to regarding piracy policy. Allow me to quote from this policy:

Quote:1. All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, or services that violate US copyright laws ("pirated content") will be closed...

My questions have absolutely nothing to do with any third-party add-ons, much less an add-on, website, or service that violates US copyright laws and is considered banned as defined by the official Kodi forum rules. I can tell from your post history that you like to remind everyone of these rules but in this case I'm not in violation of anything. If an actual moderator disagrees then I'll respect their position and adjust my interpretation of the rules defined on this site. Until that happens, hopefully someone else will be kind enough to help me get to the bottom of this.
Have you tried using the 'Artwork Downloader' add-on, available in the programs add-ons section of the official kodi repo ?

If you turn on 'use local files' in the advanced area of the add-on settings, then it will pick up any art you already have and download missing art for you. I imagine that your issue is that although you have local art, there are some links missing in the db that links the art to the movies. That add-on should correct that.
(2016-09-08, 10:24)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the 'Artwork Downloader' add-on, available in the programs add-ons section of the official kodi repo ?

If you turn on 'use local files' in the advanced area of the add-on settings, then it will pick up any art you already have and download missing art for you. I imagine that your issue is that although you have local art, there are some links missing in the db that links the art to the movies. That add-on should correct that.

Yes, I did try using Artwork Downloader, although I didn't realize it did anything other than download the artwork. I went into the advanced settings and turned on "use local files" like you suggested, then re-ran the addon. Success! Thank you so much for the tip! Perhaps you can help me understand why this is necessary. When I set the content to "Movies" and select "The Movie Database" as a scraper, artwork must be downloaded and stored somewhere because I was always able to see the artwork in the Library view. And like I said earlier, I could see the same artwork when I opened the actual folder in the File view. Is there something wrong with my installation or is that just how Kodi is currently designed? Am I going to have to manually run Artwork Downloader every time I add a new movie to my library or is there some way to have that run after, or in lieu of, "The Movie Database" scraper?

Thanks again!
Ah, some of the artwork you are seeing is probably a cached copy of artwork that the scraper found online. Those links get inserted into the database during the scan but I don't think that local art gets inserted at that time. Using the artwork downloader set to local files creates those links to your local art.

In some views, Kodi just displays a 'poster.jpg' if it finds one in the directory it is pointing to which may be another reason you see art in some views and not in others. I'm sure I've seen something about triggering it automatically, but I can't remember where !!

A search on here might reveal something.