Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there is a way to see the status of a tv show in kodi video addons and in the Library. By status I mean if the show is cancelled, returning, finished etc. I do not know if this is a skin issue (and other skins than the confluence provide that info) or if I have to install a third party addon that incorporates this information to the addons and Library.

Thank you
Aeon MQ skins have this feature.
I can confirm that MQ7 had this
Thank you both for this. I Installed MQ7 but i still don see that information. Do i have to enable it somehow? Thanks a lot
Should be in the top left.
On the Library it Does SHOW on the top left. On the video addons it doesnt
Then I imagine that is down to whatever add-on you are using not returning that information.
How would a video add-on know what TV show you are looking at? What add-on are you using?
I do not ask for the addon to "know" what tv show i have on the library, but, i "ask" when a tv show is on the addons list, to show me if the show is continuing, cancelled, ended, returning etc. The info IS there if it shows it in the Library, so, why not show it on the video addon?
(2016-09-12, 17:54)akaz Wrote: [ -> ]I do not ask for the addon to "know" what tv show i have on the library, but, i "ask" when a tv show is on the addons list, to show me if the show is continuing, cancelled, ended, returning etc. The info IS there if it shows it in the Library, so, why not show it on the video addon?

The info in the library is stored in the video database and is obtained by scraping a variety of online databases to get show synopsis, artwork, episode details etc etc.

It is completely down to the add-on author as to what information any add-on

a) retrieves

and

b) displays.

For instance, add-on x may well obtain the show status but not display it, whereas add-on y may obtain it and display it. Add-on z may well not bother obtaining it in the first place.

In other words

This is entirely down to the add-on you are using and I would suggest you take it up with the add-on author and ask them if they can provide the capability you are looking for.
Thanks a lot for the info
(2016-09-12, 17:54)akaz Wrote: [ -> ]I do not ask for the addon to "know" what tv show i have on the library, but, i "ask" when a tv show is on the addons list, to show me if the show is continuing, cancelled, ended, returning etc. The info IS there if it shows it in the Library, so, why not show it on the video addon?

Misunderstood you. Sorry. Black Eagle said it perfect.
NP. So to answer my original question. To View the Status of a tv show is a combination of skin + video addon (i havent found an addon that does so far). They must both support it.

Thanks everyone for the help