Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I make a separate movie library for 4K content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there is a way to make a separate movie library in Kodi that I can just have display 4K content. I have a separate directory on my file server for it and there can be some overlap, as I will have content in both 4K and 1080p, depending on the player being used. I am using Kodi 17 Beta 1.
There's a number of ways this is possible, the most common would be to create a smart playlist for 4K with a rule based either on resolution or path (if all you 4K material is in one folder). Save off as a favourite. Some skins will allow home screen customs buttons you could link this with. Alternatively you could use the 'Tag' option or even the special Node (somewhat like smart playlists) but more direct. There's also add-ons like Super Favourites which add hierarchy to collections.

Video nodes (wiki) Smart playlists (wiki) Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki)
(2016-09-10, 02:25)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]There's a number of ways this is possible, the most common would be to create a smart playlist for 4K with a rule based either on resolution or path (if all you 4K material is in one folder). Save off as a favourite. Some skins will allow home screen customs buttons you could link this with. Alternatively you could use the 'Tag' option or even the special Node (somewhat like smart playlists) but more direct. There's also add-ons like Super Favourites which add hierarchy to collections.

Video nodes (wiki) Smart playlists (wiki) Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki)

Thank you so much for the thorough answer.