Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MXQ R9 K3229 help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I am really looking for some help, I just purchased the MXQ R9 K3229 mediaplayer, but once connected to the TV it already seems not to work properly:

- Kodi starts but the menu is empty, I only see the blue bars but there are no white letters in the bars as I am used to;
- If I start the browser in the application menu, it doesn't start at all

This are my first problems that I occur, and searched on the Web but could not find a fast and easy solution. Gonna need some help on this one and I was thinking of:

Option 1: totally new fresh installation of the xbmc....or any other formats? Fresh installation...

Option 2: new installation of the apps I need...

I am working on a Macbook Pro (form 2010), can you please help me with any instructions? As I read on the Internet I do believe there are a lot of possibilities with this Android Tv, but I really am a newbie to this one...

Thank you for your help/support!!

Best regards,

Gino
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I am really looking for some help, I just purchased the MXQ R9 K3229 mediaplayer, but once connected to the TV it already seems not to work properly:

- Kodi starts but the menu is empty, I only see the blue bars but there are no white letters in the bars as I am used to;
- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

This are my first problems that I occur, and searched on the Web but could not find a fast and easy solution. Gonna need some help on this one and I was thinking of:

Option 1: totally new fresh installation of the xbmc....or any other formats? Fresh installation...

I am working on a Macbook Pro (form 2010), can you please help me with any instructions? As I read on the Internet I do believe there are a lot of possibilities with this Android Tv, but I really am a newbie to this one...

Best regards,

Gino

First install better firmware.
It will be difficult since the MX* manufacturers use the 'ship and forget' method and don't provide any updates.
Secondly, delete any pre-installed Kodi and install SPMC or RKMC.
You have to flash from Windows or Linux, not possible from a MAC.
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

2) Don't ask for help with piracy add-ons such as the one above. We do not discuss or provide support for piracy here, see the forums rules.
(2016-09-14, 18:58)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

Best regards,

Gino

First install better firmware.
It will be difficult since the MX* manufacturers use the 'ship and forget' method and don't provide any updates.
Secondly, delete any pre-installed Kodi and install SPMC or RKMC.
You have to flash from Windows or Linux, not possible from a MAC.

HI Mo123,

thank you, can you advice me any SPMC or RKMC and a tutorial? sorry Noob....Or can I find the firmware at this forum? I will try to find a Windows system to flash the player... Smile

Gino
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

2) Don't ask for help with piracy add-ons such as the one above. We do not discuss or provide support for piracy here, see the forums rules.

Hi Dangelus,

I edited the post and removed my question about Showbox.....
Sorry Mo123 is mentioning SPMC or RKMC....and you agree and tell me to install a official Kodi installation? I think those 2 mentioned by Mo123 are different from the Official Kodi installation?

Gino
(2016-09-14, 21:04)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Dangelus,

Sorry Mo123 is mentioning SPMC or RKMC....and you agree and tell me to install a official Kodi installation? I think those 2 mentioned by Mo123 are different from the Official Kodi installation?

Gino

Thanks for making that edit.

SPMC is a quasi official Android optimised build of Kodi (maintained by the former Android dev) and very well respected on this forum so you couldn't go wrong with that. RKMC I haven't heard of actually but I'm no expert in such matters.
(2016-09-14, 22:37)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-14, 21:04)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

Hi Dangelus,

Gino

Thanks for making that edit.

SPMC is a quasi official Android optimised build of Kodi (maintained by the former Android dev) and very well respected on this forum so you couldn't go wrong with that. RKMC I haven't heard of actually but I'm no expert in such matters.

Ok then I will search the website for a SPMC download. I will keep this updated about the status of my attempt to re-install the mediaplayer.
SPMC details are in its thread - here.
(2016-09-22, 10:50)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]SPMC details are in its thread - here.

Thank you DarrenHill??