Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hiding length of video while playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any advanced setting i can change to hide the length of a video while i'm watching it?
I watch replay of sports games and prefer not to know how long the vid is, so i won't know if
it's gonna be any longer, have overtime, stuff like that. I read this
http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml

but couldn't find any attribute i can use. I would like it to hide video length, and in the progress bar show as if it's the end all the time, or something like that.
I'm capable of changing xml file etc. so I'm willing to try any advanced tricks as well,
Thanks!
You might need to change the skin itself to accomplish this. Find where the end reference is in the progress bar and somehow hide it. I have never done anything like that before with a skin. That would be my first place to check though.
(2016-09-16, 15:14)huizingajm Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to change the skin itself to accomplish this. Find where the end reference is in the progress bar and somehow hide it. I have never done anything like that before with a skin. That would be my first place to check though.
That really helped, I found it.
Thanks!
(2016-09-18, 06:15)dav_Sap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-16, 15:14)huizingajm Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to change the skin itself to accomplish this. Find where the end reference is in the progress bar and somehow hide it. I have never done anything like that before with a skin. That would be my first place to check though.
Thanks!

Care to share what you did?
(2016-12-04, 00:21)zeppos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-18, 06:15)dav_Sap Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks!

Care to share what you did?

yes I use eminence skin, if you use that, you'll find it at:
.kodi/addons/skin.eminence/16x9/DialogSeekBar.xml
keep a backup of this file, whenever you want just delete the file contents and make it empty and reload skin. You won't see the progress bar.(outside you will see the length of the video if you go back to homepage). Whenever you are done, just replace the empty file with the backup file, and reload skin.

Hope that helps.