Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Too much buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all

I have a Nuc 2802 with Openelec 6.0.3 stable version running Kodi 15.

I have an IPTV M3U list that i put it in the Simple IPTV Client and the same time i put it in VLC in my PC.

The problem is that in VLC i have very few buffering (every 5-10 minutes depending on the chennel), while in the same time in KODI i have too much buffering (every 10-40 seconds).

I have tried several options in advancesettings.xml concrning buffering but either i put small buffer or put high buffer the performance is still much worst than in VLC.

In some forums i read that it will be better go to Gotham as it was better in IPTV is that right?
Is it a good idea to go with new Openelec Beta that includes Kodi 16? Is Kodi 16 has any improvement in IPTV?
Should i use any other add on and not Simple IPTV Client (I have no interest in PVR and EPG functions)?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Excessive buffering on IPTV is usually because of network issues. Are your PC with VLC and the NUC with OE connected exactly the same way to your network? Are they both wired? Gigabit/100Mb? WiFi? B/G/N 2.4GHz? N/AC 5GHz?

Live streaming is usually bandwidth intensive and wants all it can get ... if you can use a wired connection, do so.
Yes they both work in the same conditions (wired). Also i never had a problem in streaming moves etc in Kodi, most of the time i select 1080p sources from the various video addons and have never deal any buffering issue