Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Make music archive visible to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have configured Kodi properly to rip music-CD's and to store them as FLAC on disk. This works fine and the grabbed CDs then appear in the list of recent CDs within the UI of Kodi. They also seem to be made available via UPNP.

Now I have a huge archive of additional music from an previous media center software. It has the same structure like the Kodi-ripped music and also comes with cover images in same format, so copying it into the same directory was easy.

My problem: this new music does not appear in the list of recent CD's and it is not streamed via UPNP. To access this muic I always have to go via "Files"-menu to choose the folder where it is stored - then replaying works fine. So how can I announce this additional artists/albums/tracks to Kodi so that it works like the ripped ones?

Thanks!
I have never used Kodi in that way, I rip using EAC, so just don't know how Kodi works as a ripper. However I do wonder if you just need to add all your ripped music into the music library (assuming it has basic tags).
The music comes as FLAC files without any tags - and just copying does not work as mentioned.
You need to tag all the music
Ouch...currently the music has a path

/path/to/rips/interpret/album/title.flac

Is there a way to automated add the anterpet, album and title name to every title.flac automatically?
(2016-09-18, 17:30)Elmi79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ouch...currently the music has a path

/path/to/rips/interpret/album/title.flac

Is there a way to automated add the anterpet, album and title name to every title.flac automatically?

There are a number of tagging apps that can take parts of the path and apply them to the tags.
Flac support is a little more rare than mp3 support, but you should be able to find a decent tagger to help automate this.
I would just use picard to tag, but thats just me. I'm pretty sure there are folder/filename to tag taggers out there though.
Mp3tag will convert filename to tags for you, so will Picard possibly, both handle FLAC.

Tag and discover the wonderful world of the Kodi library Smile
Mp3tag has a very good filename to tag feature. It should be totally automatic if your file structure is consistent.